Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

trim stop working

Hi
    Today I took my 2000 slh out on the lake and the wires that go to the trim from the ecu got caught on the drive shaft. The wires did not cut through but shorted together. Now it does not work. It does not show on the mfd. Where can I start. thanx fort looking.

+1
    Press the bilge switch and see if the trim works, if it does you probably took out the regulator. If not, check to see if you have power going into the trim switch (orange wire).
    Report back and we can help you from there.

ok ......on the handle bar ,on the trim switch there are four wires. the orange one has no power.oh and the bilge pump works. is the trim supposed to work with out the engine being on?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by polarismsx View Post
    ok ......on the handle bar ,on the trim switch there are four wires. the orange one has no power.oh and the bilge pump works. is the trim supposed to work with out the engine being on?
    When you press the bilge switch, you will get power to the orange wire at the trim switch. We need to know if yours is working this way.

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    When you press the bilge switch, you will get power to the orange wire at the trim switch. We need to know if yours is working this way.
    OK.........Yes when I press the bilge button it does work. I did start it and while its running it does not work. looks like we are getting closer.

+1
    You have taken out the regulator/switching unit.
    The last test you can make if you wish.
    Split the electrical box
    Find the orange wire exiting the switching unit and verify it has 12+ volts with the engine running.
    No voltage=bad unit LR31-2.

+1
    A little checking.
    The LR-31-2 (regulator/switching unit) for your boat should be a 4010302

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    A little checking.
    The LR-31-2 (regulator/switching unit) for your boat should be a 4010302
    ok ......open ecu box. there are 2 orange and 1 orange and brack wires. Started it up and there is no voltaage on any of those wires. I did notice that when I turn on the bilge there is voltage. what is that little fuse conected too? is it supposed to be hot? also what would happen if I were too jump a wire that also running hot on that lead. just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by polarismsx View Post
    ok ......open ecu box. there are 2 orange and 1 orange and brack wires. Started it up and there is no voltaage on any of those wires. I did notice that when I turn on the bilge there is voltage. what is that little fuse conected too? is it supposed to be hot? also what would happen if I were too jump a wire that also running hot on that lead. just an idea.
    ok I did forget about the the last thread. So is the switch on the handle bar what you are refuring too that is bad?

+1
    Verify the fuse is good while you're there as I don't remember what it's for and I'm not near a schematic to check it.
    If the fuse is good and doesn't affect the trim you want to replace number 16 in this photo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information