Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oil in Hull, engine loosing oil

Went out yesterday and our friend, who also has a stock 05 RXT, had his oil light come on. When we got back, checked the level and found it WAY low. Also, there was emulsified oil in the hull. We washed the hull out and there were literally globs of oil coming out of the bung holes.

I don't know if it's connected, but the ski was used by his brother last week, who tends to abuse thngs, apparently.

So far as I could tell, the ski was not burning oil (exhaust free from smoke), so it must be a leak somewhere??

I think I have heard about this before, but couldn't find any relevant posts. - Anyone got any ideas?

+1
    i have a modded rxp, i was burning almost a quart every 2 tanks and there is no smoke or residue on the exhaust, just alot of blow by but if you dont have a catch can you wont notice the blow by, but there was never any blue smoke at all, and the oil in the hull could be from spillage from topping off, thats what i had, you might try a compression test just to make sure, everything is sealing up good, you should be aroudn 140, mine is around 90-100 psi, but then again you could have a leak also, just wanted to let ya know that if it is burning oil you might not be able to tell

check around the oil filter. Maybe an O ring is leaking, if this is the case you will see it. Start the ski rev it up and watch the filter. Also top off oil first. Hope this helps
    Last edited by stickem; 08-12-2007 at 09:00 AM.

Fill it up with oil. clean the whole engine compartment and engine too. Now use the ski, not to have fun but you are in the testing mode. go fast and slow. Now take both seats off and look for "tell tale signs" of the source of the oil leak. I have an 04 RXP, the engines are pretty much similar. The only thing I can think of oil leak is the oil cooler section if yours have one? The oil filter has 2 "O" rings Top 1 and bottom 1, you busted the top one it's OK the bottom 1 is the main 1. Check the front of your engine. follow the oil fill part, see if that's were the leak is comming from. Hope this info helps. if not, don't let any abusive relatives ride you ski what is a "bung hole" ????? (A$$ END?) if so, your RXT is suffering from "O D" Oil Diarrhea.
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 08-12-2007 at 11:33 AM.

"don't let abusive relatives ride your ski"...

AMEN to that brother!

SEADOO02XP you really need to check your engine if you are burning that much oil.

+1
    There are 3 (if memory serves me right) drain plugs under the motor,2 on front pto alone,,,they may be leaking,,,one of mine was. Pull the motor,,,easy fix in the air. These things look intimidating,,,but they aint hard at all. Just ask my friend Bud Light!

+1
    You could try some oil die and a black light to pin point the leak.

Oil cooler O rings??

Thanks, Guys.

I've been asking around and been told it may be leaking O rings on the Oil cooler.

Anyone know where they are located/are they accessible?

BIC

+1
    ya my engine is screwed up, but it runs like a raped ape so to some people an engine with excess blow by might run ok and they wouldnt know it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information