Thread: New Speed

+1

New Speed

Ok guys just got from a good and bad time at Lake Travis.

The Good

I hit 67.8 mph (GPS) on a full tank of gas, 85 F water temp, 95 F air temp.

The Bad

Lost my glasses on speed run #3, so they are sitting at the bottom of Lake Travis. I hope I can get into the optometrist at Walmart today because my nose is literaly 6 inches from the monitor trying to type this up.

+1
    look up spex use.com and you can get goggles for riding with your presciption lens.

+1
    u wer flyin and sooooooo went your glasses!!!! bumma bro!!! good luck!

After 2 pairs of glasses, $600, I opted to wear my contacts and purchase some sea spec.

Sea specs around $50 and contacts, since I only wearthem for hockey, snow boarding, jetskiing 12 pair of daily wear has lasted some time.

when jetsking I carry an extra pair of contacts, don't know why becuase it is next to impossible to put them in on the water, and a pair of no frills glasses, just in case....

The second time I lost my glasses I has a 3 mile transit. It took over an hour to get back. It was extremely nerve racking.

My laptop is 18 inches away from my eyes, I can not see a single shape on the monitor. Its a blur so i know exactly what you are experiencing.

+1
    I just got back with a pair of contacts, and I see worse than with my glasses, everything is a little fuzzy. I had contact before but did not like to put them in, today I put both contact lenses in under a minute, this is + in going back to contact lenses. I supposed to go back in 1 week and this week will be determining factor if I want to keep them.

I had to drive 25 miles without glasses and it took all of my concentration to stay between the lines and watch for red lights, signs and the vehicle in front of me. My vision is so bad I could not even see my trucks gauges, I was completely relying on the person in front of me for speed, I just kept back about 50-75 feet. All I could see of the vehicle was big black blob.

While I am typing this post, the fuzziness is going way, got to love monitor radiation.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrich View Post
    Ok guys just got from a good and bad time at Lake Travis.

The Good

I hit 67.8 mph (GPS) on a full tank of gas, 85 F water temp, 95 F air temp.

The Bad

Lost my glasses on speed run #3, so they are sitting at the bottom of Lake Travis. I hope I can get into the optometrist at Walmart today because my nose is literaly 6 inches from the monitor trying to type this up.

NICE NUMBERS!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    After 2 pairs of glasses, $600, I opted to wear my contacts and purchase some sea spec.

Sea specs around $50 and contacts, since I only wearthem for hockey, snow boarding, jetskiing 12 pair of daily wear has lasted some time.

when jetsking I carry an extra pair of contacts, don't know why becuase it is next to impossible to put them in on the water, and a pair of no frills glasses, just in case....

The second time I lost my glasses I has a 3 mile transit. It took over an hour to get back. It was extremely nerve racking.

My laptop is 18 inches away from my eyes, I can not see a single shape on the monitor. Its a blur so i know exactly what you are experiencing.

The glasses I lost were a pair of Oakley's with ultra thin lenses, cost me around $450 (frames $150, lenses $300), but they were also 2-3 years old. I need to do a little better at keeping up with checkups.

Thread Information