Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which air intake to buy?

I am looking at buying an air intake for my wifes 04 rxp, which one is the best for it, the front intake or the rear intake?
    Thanks Brent

Dont judge me...
    If you play alot doing spins and what not the rear air intake is not the best for you... if you want the most performance go with the rear air intake... just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by YJSONLY View Post
    If you play alot doing spins and what not the rear air intake is not the best for you... if you want the most performance go with the rear air intake... just my .02
    I disagree. I think the rear intake with a flow rite cover over the intake under the seat is just fine unless you plan on submerging the rear of the ski. I have the Riva 3" powerfilter and I notice water droplets on it all the time after riding in chop and riding the ski hard. That's why I run the flowrite element over it. I've seen water droplets in the front of the ski under the hood too. I think we are worrying about the rear intake a little too much. Just look at it's placement...right under the seat. It's pretty well protected in my opinion.

Go with the rear intake. You will gain 150 RPM over the Riva 3" intake, which already provides a 150 RPM gain over the stock intake. After you get an AM prop and pitch correctly you will see a solid 2mph gain and better acceleration over stock. It sounds wicked too.

Just ask RXP Steve. He is now a firm believer in the rear intake after running a 4" intake to the front of his RXP.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 08-12-2007 at 03:38 PM.

+1
    you can get water into the rear intake pretty easily just by spinning, no submerging at all, not enough to hydrolock the ski but enough to make it bog down for a bit,

+1
    All in all it depends on your level of mods. If you aint goin balls to the wall!,,,then go with the Riva 3",,,AwSOME intake. If your in brackish to salt,,,,,keep the tube to the intake hooked. If your a flat water rider all the time,,,like 99.9% , then the rear is the way to go. If ya dont mind wrenchin (very minimal) then dont hook up the hose and run a catch can. I will re-install my hose soon along with the new Riva 3 inch system. I jump waves and love to boogie,,,but the bottom line is the bottom line,,,,,oil saves my ace. The 4 inch tube direct to the charger sucks. I loved the Riva 3" and now have to buy another since i gave it away. Velocity is your friend. KISS,,,,,,keep it simple stupid. Now I may buy another RXP and go balls out weith this one,,,but that will play out if it does.,

All I Want......Is All You Got! Fateracing's Avatar
    Steve Friebe from Clawson Motorsports (Fresno Ca.) has a 4" kit for $175. Four of the top 10 ski's from the recent Catalina/Long Beach race were using his kit.

Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    you can get water into the rear intake pretty easily just by spinning, no submerging at all, not enough to hydrolock the ski but enough to make it bog down for a bit,
    In all the riding I've done with some being in heavy chop, I have never seen water spots under the seat where the rear intake hooks up. And if you're running the Riva flow-rite element over it I can't see any problem with it.

Ok my wife rides in strictly fresh water (Oklahoma). We just ride together and she doesnt jump spin or sub it, she really just wants to hear the supercharger more but she wants it to look professional like the Riva.
    Brent

+1
    Go with a Riva rear intake then,,you won`t be dissapointed.

Dont judge me...
    no spins and wants to hear the sc spin....Perfect Women there..... get a rear air intake and se will be happy!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information