I have no doubt that if the best SeaDoo "modders"

lived up in the mountains, they would be doing this

Most of those sleds in the video are highly modded turbo yammie sleds.

If Jerry could just get himself to tolerate the cold, I have no doubt he would be a sled junkie like alot of us in the north.........

You guys have to book a trip out west in the mountains fo Colorado, Montana, and Idaho. Rent yourself a mountain sled and try it.

I thought once that I would try it for a year........................ That was back in 1988. I have been going back twice a year since for a week at a time. It is like the Mudbug but on snow, and its not speed, but how high you can climb, and how big your Nads are.

Yep the summers are short for the SeaDoo season, but then we get to start up a whole different sort of fun.............

Come on! who is willing to get a little cold!!

+1
    I have already invited him to come feel some "Real" acceleration...
    Maybe this winter... If he feels like it...

curupt:

Can you delete the double thread?

I have no idea as to why it got on there twice..........

Well, if "he feels like it". If he gets past that, he will be moving north that is why he is not wanting to try it....... Aint that right Jerry.........

Too bad I don't have the time to put towards snowmobiling. I have a sled, but it rarely gets used so I don't put the effort into it like I do my RXP.

I'm excited for winter now. Snocross kicks a$$.

Wow!! I would like to do that in a minute!! Great video!

mr. knowitall
    i would just be happy to have slightly cooler temps right now, this heat sucks

+1
    Grand Lake Colorado is some great sleding. Groomed trails up the ying yang. Ride your sled into town right up to the bar and eat lunch then jump back on and ride down main street to the trails. You get to the top of the mountain and look down at the 3 lakes. Beautiful country. If you want to race just go out on the lake and open her up.
    Then best of all sit in the out door hot tub in the evening while it is snowing!
    Most fun you can have with your cloths on.

Snowmobiling in the mountains

Jeff and Corrupt, could not agree more! It's utterly a huge thrill snowmobiling in the mountains and the terrain/scenery is unbelievable. Have ridden in the Unitas mountains that lie on the WY and UT border, and West Yellowstone (all the snowmobile mfgers were there that week testing the new machines ... kept seeing many snowmobiles w/no decals and all the riders had orange helmets on ). Rode w/a guy who competes in the annual snowmobile hillclimb @ Jackson Hole. Talk about BIG kahunas ... watching him climb mountains and jump off the cornice/drift @ the top ... simply CRAZY!
    A piece of advice, before you decide to try climbing a mountain, you better determine your path of decent. You end up coming down that mountain faster then your ascent once you pull out. If you are smart, once you are out of momentum you pull out so you come down w/the snowmoble ... not the snowmobile by itself doing many, many cartwheels and spewing parts all over the mountain ... can you say MAJOR YARD SALE. I have seen a few of those and it usually is not a pretty sight for the snowmachine.
    Those mountain boyz and Canadian boyz from the west definitely keep the wild west bunch image alive and heart pounding. And their snowbikes are incredible ... they pump some serious HP out of their machines and spin very long, deep lug tracks. I would encourage any modders on this forum if the opportunity ever presents itself DO IT, you will not be disappointed.

Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar
    so where's the skidoo with the 4tec SC/IC motor in it ?

Quote Originally Posted by mongorunner View Post
    so where's the skidoo with the 4tec SC/IC motor in it ?
    Too heavy apparently..............

Too wide apparently especially with a SC hangein off the side (That is how it would have to sit in a sled to deliver power to the clutches)

The guy who you know that competes in the jackson hill climbs,,,,,,,,, his first name is not Ron is it?

If it is, I ride wit him out in Idaho every year. That guy is unreal in his ability to throw around the sled............

Nads the size of coffee can lids!

Thread Information