Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

+1

Bilge Pump Questions

Greetings--
    Read over Red Devil's recent posting about taking on water-- and reviewed the bilge pump sticky --

Couple of questions--

Does the 3 way switch provide 1) Constant on 2) Auto on/off and 3) always off (trailering/storage) ?

Because of all the problems reported with the stock bailer tube system- do folks disable them once a bilge pump is installed ?

You are correct on the switch it has an AUTO/ MANUAL OVER RIDE and OFF.

As far as the bailer tubes I am not 100% certin but I think most leave them on....I am sure other will chime in!

Re: Bilge Pump Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Piney
    Greetings--
    Read over Red Devil's recent posting about taking on water-- and reviewed the bilge pump sticky --

Couple of questions--

Does the 3 way switch provide 1) Constant on 2) Auto on/off and 3) always off (trailering/storage) ?

Because of all the problems reported with the stock bailer tube system- do folks disable them once a bilge pump is installed ?
    Piney,

Yes, the constant on is a 2 1/2 minute cycle on and off. The center switch position kills everything so it will not come on and off during storage. The 3rd position is an automatic on that continuosly stays on while holding it. Main thing for all to remember is not to connect this to a fuse. Connect straight to the battery so if the fuse shorts or blows you will have power right from the battery itself. I would not recommend disabling the bailer tube set up because of the bilge pump..The sole purpose of the bilge is added protection against what I went through.

red devil u answered my question that i was talking to my dad about, which was where to connect it to. he wondered how it would work if the ski was somewhat under water because he said a fuse would short out. but connecting it to the battery makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rxpblast
    red devil u answered my question that i was talking to my dad about, which was where to connect it to. he wondered how it would work if the ski was somewhat under water because he said a fuse would short out. but connecting it to the battery makes sense.

Red Devil is this the correct way to wire it up??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pump_wiring_157.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	2611  

Quote Originally Posted by Totallyblown
    Red Devil is this the correct way to wire it up??
    Totally, it looks close but the switch and the pump have grounds that I ran to the battery, which is how the instructions will show. The instructions that come with the set up is very detailed. I hate dealing with electronics stuff...

cool yeah I was just trying to get a quick pick up I kind of figured there were more grounds...thanks for clearing that up.

where is the best place to put the outlet, or whatever it is, on the rxp? like the hole that the water comes out of. i see the gtx guys have it right near their grab handle put i dont want to put a hole in the plastic of the rxp.

Quote Originally Posted by rxpblast
    where is the best place to put the outlet, or whatever it is, on the rxp? like the hole that the water comes out of. i see the gtx guys have it right near their grab handle put i dont want to put a hole in the plastic of the rxp.
    You have to put a hole somewhere. If you don't want to put a hole in the hull, the only option would be a long hose up to the hood...one way or another you have to make a hole.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information