Hey, Waytofast (richard)

I remember when you were on the ultra150.com website alot a few years ago. You always preached when kawi long stroke the 12f engine to 1500cc, when the 15f came out back in 04 that "it could never be a fast ski because the stroke is too long". You were telling everyone that all the time back then. Well Im amazed they got 250 hp out of the engine now and one of the fastest stock skis for this year. Well,what your story about it now besides other manufactures are going to step up next year. I heard that back in 04 when the RXP first came out and it is still the fastest stock ski for top speed.

P.S. Im not a seadoo fan, I got rid of my RXP two years ago.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    This sounds like trying to pick a public fight or more suited for a PM.

Im not trying to pick a fight. Richard should remember how I was on the 150 site. Its been over a year since I been on this board and I see Richard is on here alot. I used to buy parts from with back then for my ultra 150. I enjoy reading his advice (not in a bad way).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro rxp View Post
    Im not trying to pick a fight. Richard should remember how I was on the 150 site. Its been over a year since I been on this board and I see Richard is on here alot. I used to buy parts from with back then for my ultra 150. I enjoy reading his advice (not in a bad way).
    Gee, just when I was going to tell you to go back to the 150 board.....LOL Welcome back !! You got rid of your 150 for the Pee, and now you got rid of the SD. What are you riding these days?

It's a known fact that a short stroke engine is better for high RPM use and as long stroke gives better torque. The 1500cc (actually 1498cc, but close enough) turned out to be a dependable engine for PWC use in spite of what I used to think. Since it is still over square with a 83mm bore and 69.2 mm stroke, "stroking" it worked out for the best. Any engine with a SC or turbo is going to produce some serious power. The Kawi mill is no different, hence the 250 hp. Too bad it's going to take a back seat to some of the new stuff in 2008.

Richard
    Last edited by way2fast; 08-12-2007 at 11:11 PM.

Im not riding nothing since I got rid of the rxp. I have been moving around too much in the last three years. I had to get rid of all the extra baggage when moving. I will be moving to another state in two months. That will make it five states that I lived in less than three years. The states I lived in was Nebraska, Arizona, Florida, Texas and now looks like I will be moving to Oklahoma. I hope this will be the last time I will move so I can settle down and get a house again and get back into PWC.

+1
    I hear Ok has some nice lakes. Personally, I have just about had it with Florida.

Good luck !

Richard

Thread Information