Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Stock GP1200R Project Results

I took the project to the river this weekend and broke it in.

The specs are:

engine 100% stock (Pro-X pistons)

Reeds - stock

ignition - stock

Jet Works O-Plate, cat chip

Plugs Br8es-11

F/A's - Flys with outerwears

jetting 110 low speed jets, 125 mains, 1.5 N&S, 95 G spring

accellerator pump disabled

Low screws 1 turn

High screws 1.5 turns

Stock trim tabs with a .060" stainless washer between tabs and hull at all locations (spaced down .060")

Riva 1300 ride plate, uncut. One .060" washer between plate and hull forward 2 locations

800 intake grate

stock sponsons - stepped

87 mm nozzle stock, pisser and bilge tube untouched

impeller Speed Freeks Nu-Jet 6.5 setback and pitched to 13/19

69.4 bucket in, 69.6 bucket out both directions lake Ferguson 84° F 1/2 tank fuel. 210 pound rider, superman.

There are a few things left to get this ski over the 70 hump with mostly stock components. Adjust high speed screws, lower fuel, better and cooler air. It was fairly humid. Oh, no holes are filled.

So, My goal was 70 with a stock engine and I am pretty sure it is going to make it.

I'll measure the angle on the plate. I know it is far less than .900"

It was a good weekend. This is the ski I was going to put a new cylinder and piston in and sell. Well it is almost completely redone now and it is a nice ski. I'm selling it to my friend for $4500. I have more than that invested but the journey was good. He was riding it in the speed runs this morning. So he is hooked now and will probably start modding soon. I will say it is a good fast hull.
    Last edited by spud; 08-12-2007 at 08:35 PM.

+1
    Plate measures .710" from aft end to straight edge placed on pump shoe. I'm not sure what the optimal setting is for the Riva plate.

+1
    Good job spud-a-mus................70+mph is easily there.

+1
    I've got an old flat bottom speed plate to put on it for the next trip. I also think with the 125 mains I should be able to come in nearly 1/2 turn and we have had more humidity than usual. We were testing at 6:00 A.M. this morning to get the 84° temps.

I remember when we were all bashing Carl for similar claims in 2001. Now an average regular guy like me can do it with a lot left on the table. Sorry for all the shiznit back then Carl if you are reading.

Thanks Woody. I think its more fun trying to get speed without investing a lot.

+1
    dude, you got 70 easy. even more when the weather gets cooler.

+1
    My friend Eric is all excited about the ski now. I told him it was a fast hull with the limited mods it has on it. It did more than I thought it would. I'll need to research the Riva plate and find out if it is worth angling. It doesn't have 4 mounts like the R&D so it won't be fun to angle.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    I remember when we were all bashing Carl for similar claims in 2001. Now an average regular guy like me can do it with a lot left on the table. Sorry for all the shiznit back then Carl if you are reading.
    I also remember him getting [email protected] about having single pipe skis near or at 80mph. Heard everything from "there must be a 5mph current there" to "It was a radar glitch" Now well modded singles commonly reach near 80 or better, some with EFI still functioning! Great job with your numbers! I see no reason you won't hit 73mph very soon!

+1
    Way to go Spud got "Baby" running good!! I got a fast plate hanging around in the garage if you want to try it next time out.

+1
    Bill, that would be cool. I did do some checking and it seems the angular requirements for the Riva plate are the same as the other plates. I'll need to measure the length and see if it ends at the same spot. One thing I do not like about the Riva plate is the fwd to aft gap from the plate to the shoe. When I try to bring the front of the plate down even with the shoe the gap gets wider. The mount holes are tight so I can't slide it fwd. I also need to radius the cut outs on this plate to eliminate the drag. With this plate I can't just file it since the whole surface is a mounting surface.

Baby Jet Ski Lives. My daughters named this ski the baby jet ski. My other skis are the mommy (millenium) and daddy (ported 1300).

hmmm... remember like it was yesterday
    ( and that was before the ho pumps and some of this relatively new technology )
    BUT that was without lifting the seat--- your cheating F/A's and rejetted carbs...shame on you

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information