Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

14 hours, lost 200 rpms, hesitates on take off and bad vibration

Racked up a whopping 14 hours before I started experiencing a loss of power and about 150 rpms, a hesitation on take off and a pretty bad vibration at certain rpm ranges, limped the ski 6 miles back to the ramp, hoping I didn't do any damage to it.. I'm going to take a wild guess and say its the plugs...... Is this what everyone else with bad plugs is experiencing ??? Thanks Chris..

SeaDoocer
    Dang! The plug bandit strikes again..so it sounds...did you limp back because you had no choice? Was it that bad?

It didn't run that bad, just didn't want to take a chance running it in the upper rpm ranges so I took it very easy on the way back to the ramp...

I know most are changing out all 4 at once, but was wondering if anyone has tried changing out one plug at a time to see if we can pin-point which one is going bad.

guess I'm going to order up some CR9EIX's, This is going to really suck if I have to buy 40.00 worth of plugs every 15 or so hours...

+1
    I'd change out the plugs. 2 weeks ago mine started missing at low speed and lost several hundred rpm up top. Changed the plugs to the iridiums and it runs like a champ.

SeaDoocer
    Those iridiums are more of a performance plug anyway...and they should last a lot longer.

what is the number on the iridium plugs?

NGK CR9EIX laser Iridium, I ordered mine through Advance auto parts for 6.98 a piece..

Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    Racked up a whopping 14 hours before I started experiencing a loss of power and about 150 rpms, a hesitation on take off and a pretty bad vibration at certain rpm ranges, limped the ski 6 miles back to the ramp, hoping I didn't do any damage to it.. I'm going to take a wild guess and say its the plugs...... Is this what everyone else with bad plugs is experiencing ??? Thanks Chris..
    If the spark plugs dont fix it. Take a look at the inside of your pump housing. You may have wear on the (wear ring) which isnt really a wear ring because its not replaceable. if there is wear or scorching then you have bad cavitation on take off.

Chris288, I thought you already put Iridium plugs in? Seems there is either a problem with The oem plugs Kawi got through NGK or Our machines are not designed to run the stock oem plugs. We shouldnt need to be changing them so soon, plugs in autos seemm to last thousands of hours our machines are spitting them out under a hundred hrs.

SeaDoocer
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEBEE View Post
    If the spark plugs dont fix it. Take a look at the inside of your pump housing. You may have wear on the (wear ring) which isnt really a wear ring because its not replaceable. if there is wear or scorching then you have bad cavitation on take off.

I thought David at Impros said that you COULD change out the ss wear ring?!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information