Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do I do?

What do I do?

Hey, im a nebie to the watercraft world and and am looking to get into it. To give you a little background on myself, ive been riding and working on dirtbikes and streetbikes for about 7 years now and have become pretty good at it, actually worked in a shop for a couple months, so I have some experience with working on machines (specificcaly 2strokes). Anyway, my brother just picked up a 2007 GTX Limited, and let me tell you, that thing is nuts! I am hooked now and cant wait to get back out there. Now my sister wants to get one to go along with his and this way we can go out together. Here is where my question is.

What am I looking for? I really dont know much about this sport except for that everyone around here tells me to go with Sea Doo, and I love the GTX so far. The machine doesnt need the 215hp (but it wouldnt hurt...lol), and would need to be atleast a 2 seater. As I said before, I have some experience with 2strokes, so I wouldnt mind doing some work on the ski (actually, it would help me learn about it better), and soup to nuts, the budget is $5000. That includes trailor and what ever work needs to be done to it. So including that, I think that would bump me down to like $4000-4500.

As I said before, I am new to this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. And by the way, I am in NJ.

welcome! My brother has 2 skis and after riding his the bug bit me. I started looking used and I am sure there are some good machines out there but I bit the bullet and bought a 07 GTX limited as well. It awesome I love it. Good luck with what ever you decide!

Look on Ebay for a 2004 RXP. That is in range with your budget......

Very fast ski, and you will love it............

+1
    Just be leery of any supercharged (185 hp or 215 hp) ski with very low hours. The owner could be trying to sell their ski because of the ceramic washer missing in the supercharger. Read up on the SC Clutch Failure to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrich View Post
    Just be leery of any supercharged (185 hp or 215 hp) ski with very low hours. The owner could be trying to sell their ski because of the ceramic washer missing in the supercharger. Read up on the SC Clutch Failure to the left.
    So then how would I make sure im safe if I cant give it a test ride?

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum Paul! What part of New Jersey you in? I'm near Capemay in Souther Jersey..

Welcome to the board Paulz01!
    you do know the GTX/RXP/RXT are 4 strokes?
    earlier GTX`s were 2 strokes. and also the RXDI is a 951 2 stroke which would satisfy your craving...PR...

I know that they are fourstrokes. My only problem with that is i dont know how to work on the engines but there is only one way to learn. LOL

Im in Barnegat, also south jersey but north of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulz01 View Post
    I know that they are fourstrokes. My only problem with that is i dont know how to work on the engines but there is only one way to learn. LOL

Im in Barnegat, also south jersey but north of you.
    Barnegat that`s cool, I`m in LE twnshp...PR...

Which machine would you guys sudjest? The two or four stroke? I really am not set on one or the other, just which one I can get the most for my $

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information