Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Question Top Speed and highest RPM in chop

What are the highest SPEEDS and RPMS that everyone is getting riding an RXP or RXT in 1,2,3 or 4 foot chop?

Quote Originally Posted by sstaino View Post
    What are the highest SPEEDS and RPMS that everyone is getting riding an RXP or RXT in 1,2,3 or 4 foot chop?
    The highest speeds will be spikes and the highest RPM will be bouncing off the limiter. It's too hard to tell in those conditions. Anyone that posts a specific number is venturing a descent guess because you can't maintain either one. I pay more attention to riding my ski in those conditions than the GPS or display anyways.

where do you ride at that 3 and 4 ft is still called chop?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTXX View Post
    where do you ride at that 3 and 4 ft is still called chop?
    Yes your right,

correction: 1-2 foot chop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    The highest speeds will be spikes and the highest RPM will be bouncing off the limiter. It's too hard to tell in those conditions. Anyone that posts a specific number is venturing a descent guess because you can't maintain either one. I pay more attention to riding my ski in those conditions than the GPS or display anyways.
    I usually reset my GPS trip, and use the max speed reading to see how fast I went.
    RPM on the other hand is extremely difficult because of spikes and the danger of looking down on the gauge while riding in chop.

i averaged 72-73 in some 1-2ft chop in the lake yesterday RPMs were around 8450 w/spikes.... she's tracking straight as an arrow and staying hooked up like a MO-FO....trim on an RXT really comes in handy in those situations

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rocko672 View Post
    i averaged 72-73 in some 1-2ft chop in the lake yesterday RPMs were around 8450 w/spikes.... she's tracking straight as an arrow and staying hooked up like a MO-FO....trim on an RXT really comes in handy in those situations
    Thats fast! What handling mods do you have?

i have re-blockoffs, riva pro sponsons, skeggs.....but i think the riva intake grate keeps the power to the water, and the vts trim in the chop keeps my nose down and on the glass keeps the nose up(thats was jerry's sick idea)

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by rocko672 View Post
    i have re-blockoffs, riva pro sponsons, skeggs.....but i think the riva intake grate keeps the power to the water, and the vts trim in the chop keeps my nose down and on the glass keeps the nose up(thats was jerry's sick idea)
    Last time I tried to go fast in chop I broke all kinds of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by sstaino View Post
    I usually reset my GPS trip, and use the max speed reading to see how fast I went.
    Yeah, it's more than likely a spike. I think that is one of the most misused applications of a GPS by many people on this forum. I guarantee you did not maintain that speed that the max speed indicates. You hit it for a fraction of a second, and to say that you are tenths of a mph faster is nothing. I'm not bashing you or anything but just stating my opinion. I think evaluating tenths of a mph is kind of pushing it. Tenths of a mph aren't going to be very noticible in a drag race.

If someone is going 0.5mph faster than you then they are passing you at a rate of less than 1 foot per second. If someone is going 2 mph faster than you they are passing you at less than 3 feet per second. So consider that most of our skis are 10 feet long...think about how long it's going to take for someone to put a noticible lead on you if you started neck and neck. Now put this situation in chop where no one can maintain that 2mph or 0.5mph edge......yeah. If the slower guy is in the water and the faster guy is out, the slower guy is going to catch up and vice versa.

Sorry for the rant. Too much caffiene at the movies tonight.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information