Thread: ughhhh....

+1

ughhhh....

Did my compression check yesterday. mag 125, cent 125 pto 115. Thinking my clogged intake overheated the motor an seized the piston a little. I winterized my ski becuase im going back too school. Can i ride the ski like this in the spring or should i get a new cylinder an hone the sleeve?

Your #'s are within 10% so I would run it. Just keep a close eye on it to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

Might do some plug chops to make sure this wasn't caused by a lean condition.

+1
    Could it be my cheapo $28 compression gauge??? Its the cheap one with the long rubber hose. How inaccurate are they?

I wouldn't worry about the gauge, I'm sure it does just fine.

The main thing is to make sure that there is no unknown problem that is causing the rear cylinder to lose compression. Keep an eye on your plug chops and/or piston wash to make sure your not running lean. Also, I would check the compression pretty regular for a while to make sure its not getting any worse.

Just my 2 cents.

Compression Gauge

Even if it is cheap, you are looking for consistency.

If the readings are all low or all high versus a $100 gauge, but the cylinders are within tolerance (10%) you should be fine.

Of course if it reads 10-10-10 or 1000-1000-1000, you might want to rent a free tester from Autozone.
    Last edited by eye4speed; 08-13-2007 at 11:08 PM.

Thread Information