Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

still turns itself off while riding!!

yes i finally got my replacemnt s/c pully and now have the ski up an running again. Now i can get back to fixing the other factory problems that kawi won't fix. so that being said........

my 250 shuts completely down randomly (but very often) while riding. not just like hitting the kill switch, but no power any where. it has been doing this since i bought it (jerk dealer voided warranty, long story. but i basically got screwed)..... well i have replaced the immobilizer, checked ALL and i mean all connections, twice! checked the battery cables, relays, roll or vehicle down sensor, you name it.

this is very dangerous as you all know. I don't know what else to do but try to get the ecu replaced, then the entire harness. if any one has encountered this problem and may have a solution please let me know. since i can't ride my ski i pretty much have nothing to lose and almost at the point where i'll do anything. thanks

SeaDoocer
    I can't believe this! The dealer voids the warranty? And kawi will not help you on this? Are you having problems with customer service coming through on this for you? Where does the "Kawasaki always comes through" come into play here? Screwed? You got that right!

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDoocer View Post
    I can't believe this! The dealer voids the warranty? And kawi will not help you on this? Are you having problems with customer service coming through on this for you? Where does the "Kawasaki always comes through" come into play here? Screwed? You got that right!
    Whats the short version of the long story?

snapper455
    How on earth did you manage to break the SC pully???

After it shuts off does the key need to be retapped before it will start again,, or can you just push the green button while coasting and it will just start right up, and does the gauges go off at the same time it dies

this info will help me narrow down the part of the electrical or mechanical system you need to look at. The more info the better

for example

it the boat just turns off but the gauges stay on and all you have to do is just press the start button while coasting and it just fires right off, you might like at the fuel pump or pwr to the fuel pump. because the main pwr was not lost,, if that happened the key would need to pushed to rewake up the ecu.

I assume you have no codes in the computer so losing crank pulse or cam pulse is not your problem. loosing the pwr to the fuel pump or ecu would not trigger a code ETC.

+1

yup

the best way to describe it is "TOTAL ELECTRICAL FAILURE!!"

i have posted about it before, but i have had a few other problems ie pully dampner bent, belts, pump, anyway i priced out a new wire harness and ecu and rectifier regulator @ $800-$1,000 i can't do that and have already missed most of the summer.

+1
    no gagues, must bump emobilizer and start buttom to get going again.

no codes

snapper feel free to pm me if you want addintional info, i am trying to get everyone in on this one cause i am stumped!!

all ideas would be appreciated, as much as i hate this problem i am glad it is not a production wide sympton.

SeaDoocer
    And Kawi is no help?

snapper455
    sounds like a ground problem

if you pull the key out or tap it while riding the motor will not reset,,, it will keep running,, this area is not the problem

it you hit the stop button while riding the motor will stop but the guages will stay on,,, this area is not the problem

if you unhook the battery while riding the motor will stay running if going over 2000 rpm because of the charging system

if you unhook the charging system the battery will keep it running

but if the battery has a intermit short (had a seadoo with this prob) it will stop without blowing a fuse...or if the rectifier has a intermit short it will cause a complete shutdown and probly blow a fuse. so I don't think the rectifier is your prob. so the battery is a good thing to replace.

but the old bad ground will cause this problem as well. because the grounds are common to all circuits unlike the hots. (no codes)

try running new grounds past the factory ones and see if the problem goes away. If I think of more stuff I will post

snapper455
    or for peace of mind on the 600.00 computer you and a buddy swap computer and key (very easy) and so if the problem goes to his boat and leaves your boat then.....

A 250x with the key in and the engine not running, electricaly shuts down. What causes this? It has to be a run signal going to the computer. Maybe the "run" signal is the problem. I used to work for honda as a gold level tech for fifteen years but i dont have a service manuel yet to look at the schematics. Does your ski do this at timed intervals? Say five minuets after activating the key and starting. If it is happening freqently it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what ever it is. Where are you located? Maybe someone close to you can help. Can anyone post the schematics of the electrical system.

David

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information