Thread: Kawasaki 900STX

Kawasaki 900STX

Just want to say I bought a 99 900STX with about 25 hours on it Sat, after a good going over and fluid changes, we put it in Sunday and man...very nice. Hit 60-61 , this thing will 360 very nicely, great get up...I am super impressed, guys I found this thing, one owner, lady owned, used at lake about 12 times, serviced regularly...look 95% brand new...$2100.00.
    I honestly like it as well or better than my GTX (wife has taken over the GTX anyways ).

+1
    Stock speed for the 99stx is right about 48-50mph. Not kicking you into the dirt but it takes tons of work to get one in the 60's. They are reall peppy and a lot of fun but not a musclecraft. If you want to get speeds you should gps a run and that will be much closer to reality. If you start doing mods you will love how quick you can make it. You can make it sromp almost anything from 0-45.

GPS

You were right about the GPS...we used it yesterday afternoon...fastest I could get (but fuel tank was full this time) was 54, but mostly stayed in the 52-53 range...speedo def off(between 60 and 65 when I was doing 53)..and its in bad location...up too high on rear left side... guy with a GP1200R Yami rode beside 2 or 3 times and he said we hit 55...I'm going with the 54 top speed as the best one...OK...now about those mods...what's a good cheap one to start with? Thanks.

+1
    the 52/53 mph range is about right for that ski,ive owned mine since new in 99,the last poster was right on,you would spend a ton of money to get to 60 on that ski.and honestly not worth it imo.

the ski is deciving out of the hole,doesnt really feel very quick but its quicker than it feels.if your intent on bumping up the power,i would recomend you contact aquasports at www.aquasports.net or groupk at www.groupk.com both the same kits and will get you best bang for the buck.

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    the 52/53 mph range is about right for that ski,ive owned mine since new in 99,the last poster was right on,you would spend a ton of money to get to 60 on that ski.and honestly not worth it imo.

the ski is deciving out of the hole,doesnt really feel very quick but its quicker than it feels.if your intent on bumping up the power,i would recomend you contact aquasports at www.aquasports.net or groupk at www.groupk.com both the same kits and will get you best bang for the buck.

Cool. Thanks for the info!

Thread Information