Engine Cleaning SeaDoo Boats

Guys,
    How do you all clean your engines and the engine area? (I have been using the boat in salt water) I'm afraid to just spray water in the engine compartment and damage something. Also what type of lube should I spray the engine and parts with? I heard that WD-40 can loosen bolts and create problems.
    In a good note, Jerry has finished work on my Supercharger.
    I will be posting some tips for all Speedsters owners on how I took my SC out and the tools that I used.

Thank you all,

Quote Originally Posted by Rspeed View Post
    Guys,
    How do you all clean your engines and the engine area? (I have been using the boat in salt water) I'm afraid to just spray water in the engine compartment and damage something. Also what type of lube should I spray the engine and parts with? I heard that WD-40 can loosen bolts and create problems.
    In a good note, Jerry has finished work on my Supercharger.
    I will be posting some tips for all Speedsters owners on how I took my SC out and the tools that I used.

Thank you all,
    The lube Sea Doo makes is what the manual says. (I thinks it's labeled XPS now and comes in a yellow can like WD-40.) You really cannot spray to much. Since I run in salt water all the time I spray everything that is metal. Better to be safe than sorry. It's a little expensive but cheaper than replacing parts. Also, I flush the engine after each day. A short hose and a quick release set from home depot works great. The flush hole is located on the top right corner of the pump. It's easier to put the boat in reverse to screw the quick release in. Turn the boat on first, then turn on water. Turn off water, then the boat. It's in the manual for more details.
    Last edited by braveit1; 08-14-2007 at 12:59 PM.

+1
    I find the "Dupont Performance Silicone" spray works well for whole engine spray, plastic, metal, intake grate area, jet pump area...everything. Its only $3.99 at Lowes.
    Then I use Bomb XPS lube spray part#293600016 for throttle body lubrication and throttle cable.
    I wouldnt recommend WD40.

Dont forget to REMOVE quick release fitting when done!

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    Your not going to hurt the engine by misting it with fresh water.

After riding in salt water I lightly mist my entire engine with fresh water then I dry it up with a colored rubber auto shammy. I make sure not to get the computer wet though thats mounted on the side top of the engine on my 4-tec. Then the next day when all is good and dry I spray metal parts inside engine area and engine with bombardier lube. I don't go to crazy with spraying it though cause it goes a long way. I also spray a little inside the pump onto the prop and I spray down the entire transom area. I also spray some up into the intake grate onto the drive shaft. The drive shaft will rust very quickly if you don't keep it lubed up.

+1
    I actually wash down my engine, with salt-away (not high pressure), intake, pump area and flush with salt-away, then let it dry for a day, then spray the lube all over.

Thread Information