removing supercharger on speedster 150

Does anyone have removal instructions documented? I'm ready to get the washers changed but dont want to spend the money at the dealership. I seem to remember a thread on this subject but cant find it anymore. I know I need to remove both hoses and seem to remember reading that there are 3 bolts to remove the sc assembly.

Thanks

Bigbelly,

I have a 2007 Speedster 150 and I sent my SC to Jerry. This link has good information regarding this project, including instructions on how to remove you Supercharger. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?p=243071#post243071

This link includes a Word document that explains how to remove your SC. Some of the tools that I used where not listed on this Word document. I have a 2007 Speedster. For instance the bolts on my SC where different. (not E8 torx) When I get to my home I'll do my best to post the tools that I used since right now I do not remember the sizes and all that. Once you remove the hoses off the SC and the J pipe (more details on those instructions attached) and the 3 bolts the SC comes right off. I sent mine to Jerry.

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    Instructions on how to remove your supercharger are here:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13403 __________________

Thanks for the help guys. Just a couple of notes and questions:
    The 3 bolts holding the sc in place were 5/16 not 1/4. Once I figured this out, the two aft facing ones were easy but the fwd facing one was a [email protected]#$%d. Now I know why we remove the exhaust clamp! With regards to the clamp on the sc outlet, can I use a new regular screw type like on the sc inlet or are the 'throw away' clamps on there a special high pressure type?

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbelly View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. Just a couple of notes and questions:
    The 3 bolts holding the sc in place were 5/16 not 1/4. Once I figured this out, the two aft facing ones were easy but the fwd facing one was a [email protected]#$%d. Now I know why we remove the exhaust clamp! With regards to the clamp on the sc outlet, can I use a new regular screw type like on the sc inlet or are the 'throw away' clamps on there a special high pressure type?

Thanks
    Screw type clamps are fine. Stainless steel is best. If you can't them regular ones will do.

Thread Information