+1

Reed Stuffers affect jetting?

Just read this in another post? How does adding stuffers affect jetting? I put 3 of 'em in my SL750 when I put the new motor in during my 650/750 swap. Some freebies from the guys at Sharps, I was visiting and Ritchie gave me them.

Just watched Waterworld with the boys last night. Smokers! Man is that movie funny on so many levels! Oh, and I work on an oil tanker, too..... Not the 'Deez!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    The stuffers should be in there from factory. Therefore they shouldn't effect jetting.

I wanted to ask the same question. Why would you take them out? Another question I wanted to ask since I have seen some for sale is reed spacers. My motor doesnt have any port etc work .010 over and a dry pipe only real mods would I really get any gains from adding these?

+1
    Well, back when I was trying to find the problem with my SL650, I was at Sharps Marine, talking with those guys. Ritchie and his dad gave me some higher compression heads, and the stuffers, which didn't come with the SL650. When I finally figured out I had a crank bearing going bad, and swapped motors, that's when I put the stuffers in.

I'm still trying to figure out why I melted a piston last month. Never found anything conclusive, except possibly the lack of an inline fuel restrictor. And I had my third outing in a row with no "run out of gas" feeling at half tank!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by delagem View Post
    Never found anything conclusive, except possibly the lack of an inline fuel restrictor. And I had my third outing in a row with no "run out of gas" feeling at half tank!
    That's good, what did you changed before the first successful trip out? And yes you would benefit from reed spacers Racer. There's alot of turbulance at that spot, and moving the reeds back 3/8" puts less stress on the petals making them last longer. For a better explenation, check out Boyesen home page and reed what they say about them.

92's were stufferless but at one time before My Rad valves I added stuffers with no jetting effects Z

i would imagine installing stuffers would make it richer , takeing up space in the intake , bringing the velocity stronger

Thread Information