Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2007 RXP...green Impleller

OK guys, looks like the dealer needs to replace the clutch washers as a possible fix to repair my S1 perrformance issue! Well, since the warranty will be covered, the dealer siad I might as well replace the SC impeller as well? I was going the riva route, but was told to go with the green impeller. Are there any other mods that need to happen if I put the GREEN impeller in? Also the mechanic said that replacing the SC impeller would basically make the skl a S2. Any takes on this comment?

Quote Originally Posted by cdalesch View Post
    OK guys, looks like the dealer needs to replace the clutch washers as a possible fix to repair my S1 perrformance issue! Well, since the warranty will be covered, the dealer siad I might as well replace the SC impeller as well? I was going the riva route, but was told to go with the green impeller. Are there any other mods that need to happen if I put the GREEN impeller in? Also the mechanic said that replacing the SC impeller would basically make the skl a S2. Any takes on this comment?
    Sorry...title should have been "2007 RXT...Green Impeller" :0

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    you'd still have a stage 1 with impeller....stage would be those mods plus the impeller, i/c and rear exhaust.

if the dealer is gonna change the s/c impeller out... go with the green one.... although make sure you get a stock one incase warranty issues come up and the dealer needs it to put in if seadoo sends out a field warranty rep to view the claim

+1
    The Green Charger impeller is the best drop in impeller you can get without going to a Riva Stage 3 type supercharger with modified front housing.

You can run the Green Charger on your stage 1 with stock injectors. No worries!

Banned User
    +1
    um, washers?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    The Green Charger impeller is the best drop in impeller you can get without going to a Riva Stage 3 type supercharger with modified front housing.

Cool, then its decided. I will have them install the green charger! So, its off to 4tecperformance.com to get my parts!

By the way, I wanted to clarify what the mechanic advised: by stating that the impeller would basically be a S2, was due to the fact that he didnt notice much of a dfifferance with the IC mod and exhaust. He said that the impeller was the mod that made the most differance and that the exhaust and IC replacement was a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

Should I worry about replacing the SC ceramic bearings as well?..in addition to switching to the metal clutch washers. I was told that I wouldnt need to worry about the bearings until I put a S3 on the ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cdalesch View Post
    he didnt notice much of a dfifferance with the IC mod and exhaust. He said that the impeller was the mod that made the most differance and that the exhaust and IC replacement was a waste of money.
    He's part right and partly wrong. The SC impeller yields the most gains of those mods listed, but the IC helps reduce the heat created by a bigger SC wheel. So it is not a waste of money. You will get much better performance with an IC. But then you will have to add bigger injectors to accomodate the added cooler air. I don't think exhaust mods are a waste of money. They don't add much, if any performance, but they sound better and depending on which one you get, they make wrenching easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    I don't think exhaust mods are a waste of money. They don't add much, if any performance, but they sound better and depending on which one you get, they make wrenching easier.
    Agreed!!!

The more you start wrenching, the more you will appreciate a more roomy engine compartment. Go thru hull exhaust and shorty waterbox and don't look back!

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    If you have an external I/C and add the greenwheel then you have to get 42lb injectors too!!!

you are running a stg 2 then if you already have an IC, unless I'm reading this wrong. do you already have an IC and exhaust?

Mods go with one another one makes another better, like the impeller and IC combo. I'm running just the green wheel and stock IC and to be honest the difference is not night and day. I'm gonna have to get an intercooler and injectors to really feel a difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information