Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2nd water box elimination and spark plugs ??

Steach and I removed my second water box and put in the pump wedge at 13 hours on Sunday morning, up till that point the ski had been running awesome, took her out that afternoon and within an hour the plugs fried.. Just wondering if this is just a coincidence or if anyone else has experienced plug failure after messing with free flow exhaust or water-box elimination ?????
    It just seems kinda fishy that right after we took out the water-box my plugs failed....

Got my CR9EIX's in tonight and we will see if these fix my problems and how they hold up.

+1
    With as many failures as reported I would say coincidence. I have no boxes and my plugs are still holding with close to 50 hours. I may order a set just to have on hand.

Jason

When you adjust the exhaust you may have caused a lean condition which could result in the plug failure or worse , engine damage. I am not that familiar with Ultra engine , it may compensate. I do know that on my Electronic Fuel Injected Raptor 700 when I opened up the exhaust with a new pipe I had to get an aftermarket EFI controller to compensate. Iam not sure if the ECU compensates for the exhaust change or not on the Ultra. Iam now curious to see if the plug failures are a result of Mod's. Maybe we should take a poll.
    Last edited by TheBaron; 08-14-2007 at 07:47 PM.

Thats what I was wondering,,, if modifications and plug failures go hand in hand... people with bone stock machines who have had plug failures should chime in, as well as modified machines and when their plugs failed.

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    My ski is modded and I changed my plugs at 54hrs (now 65hrs)....mine never did fail, it was running just fine when i did this. I changed them out just incase they decided to take a shit on me at the wrongtime wrong place.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I got 75 hours out of mine

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    Thats what I was wondering,,, if modifications and plug failures go hand in hand... people with bone stock machines who have had plug failures should chime in, as well as modified machines and when their plugs failed.
    I had no problems at all after I changed the exhaust. My plugs failed but it was much later. I think your case may just be bad luck, not the mod.

Mine failed at 65 hours no mods other than pump wedge

+1

stock ski

ski is stock, when had 13 hrs on it and 2 plugs blew.

Thanks for the responses guys.... wondering, has anyone with fried plugs tried changing out one plug at a time to see if we can pin-point if a particualr plug is going bad.. I could definitely see what looked like very burnt carbon on one of my plugs, unfortunatly I didn't really inspect them carefully until I was done w/ all 4..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information