RXT Pro-Series Reduction Nozzle

Anybody use this and have any luck? Is it worth the money?

Yes, it allows you to easily dial in your RPM on cooler or hotter days without repitching the prop. For top speed most guys have found that pitching accordingly to the 81mm ring yields the best results. If you want better holoeshot insert a larger ring. If weather conditions throw your RPM off 50 or 100 then put the necessary ring in to get your RPM back.

This is a great mod.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    Yes, it allows you to easily dial in your RPM on cooler or hotter days without repitching the prop. For top speed most guys have found that pitching accordingly to the 81mm ring yields the best results. If you want better holoeshot insert a larger ring. If weather conditions throw your RPM off 50 or 100 then put the necessary ring in to get your RPM back.

This is a great mod.
    Thanks for the reply. Stupid question: I see people mentioning "repitching the prop"....what does that mean?...put in a differant prop depending on the weather conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by cdalesch View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Stupid question: I see people mentioning "repitching the prop"....what does that mean?...put in a differant prop depending on the weather conditions?
    You need to dial in your RPM for max performance out of your ski. You repitch your prop to dial in your engine for proper RPM. The reduction nozzle makes it easier for you to dial in your RPM day to day without repitching all the time. It just allows you to maintain maximum performance easier/less work.

When repitching a prop the trailing edge is usually adjusted by bending it. From what I've read and understand the trailing edge affects top speed and the leading edge affects acceleration. The steeper prop you can turn the faster you will be, but you need to add horsepower to turn a steeper prop. This is the #1 goal by modders on this forum. See this thread on pitching http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2614
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 08-14-2007 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    You need to dial in your RPM for max performance out of your ski. You repitch your prop to dial in your engine for proper RPM. The reduction nozzle makes it easier for you to dial in your RPM day to day without repitching all the time. It just allows you to maintain maximum performance easier/less work.
    OK, but whats involved in repitching a prop?...

Quote Originally Posted by cdalesch View Post
    OK, but whats involved in repitching a prop?...
    Sorry, I edited my post as you typed this.

Holy Crap! Too much work for me...Ill stick with the nozzle inserts. My luck, I'll bend one edge of the prop...right OFF! LOL

Thread Information