Anyone running a Depth sounder on a 2006/07 GP1300R

I just cant get it to shoot through the hull. even tried the ride plate.

+1
    I think Abbott was running one shoot him a pm

I run one. You have to glue the transducer to the single skin part of the hull. Pull the battery box out and SS box and you shoud be able to work out where to stick it.. I think it ended up to the left or right of the intake grate. You cannot put it were the trim tabs or ride plate are below the hull.

I used silicone but making sure that there is no air bubbles and that both surfaces are clean etc. Therefore, it's easier to move it if the position is wrong. But it has held for the past couple of years OK. Yep the distruction tell you use expoxy only but you will end up braking the transducer if you have to move it.

Only prob I have had is with the displays failing after a few subs of the ski.

Also when the ski is jumping you don't get a reading, but if you ski on flat water it works OK.

Ok ill try it in the back. What did you mean failing after a few subs of the ski?

Quote Originally Posted by kevski View Post
    I run one. You have to glue the transducer to the single skin part of the hull. Pull the battery box out and SS box and you shoud be able to work out where to stick it.. I think it ended up to the left or right of the intake grate. You cannot put it were the trim tabs or ride plate are below the hull.

I used silicone but making sure that there is no air bubbles and that both surfaces are clean etc. Therefore, it's easier to move it if the position is wrong. But it has held for the past couple of years OK. Yep the distruction tell you use expoxy only but you will end up braking the transducer if you have to move it.

Only prob I have had is with the displays failing after a few subs of the ski.

Also when the ski is jumping you don't get a reading, but if you ski on flat water it works OK.

+1
    Subs = Submerge

I have a newer type of display, recently provided by Norcross, and will see if this survives life on a ski.

Sub = you know the ones where a wave grabs you wrong and the ski feels like its powering to the bottom of the sea, you can just about hold on due to the pressure of water pushing you off and ripping you eye lids open.

Best experienced in the winter when nothing is colder than ice sea water and clears any level of hangover following a few beers the night before.

Thread Information