1992 SL 650 runs on 2 1/2 Cylinders

Two spark plugs burn good. The other one always has a nice size dot of black oil on it. That cyclinder runs only half the time. Compression test fine. Crank is fine. I may have to replace worn high and low speed jet. Seems to run rich even with jets mostly turned closed. Does this sound right?

pulse operated fuel pump on that boat?

Part II, if so, is the fouling cylinder the one that the pulse line comes from?

Part III if so, confirm the diphrmas aren't worn thru in the fuel pump - you'll throw your mixtures off in that cylinder via fuel entering the crankcase thru the pulse line.

But this is only if the above situations are tru - what do I know? I'm new to this.

1 pulse line three carbs so Brent that theory might not jive on this ski but I would check your needle and seats for leakage you do this by performing a popoff test

popoff test is wayyy beyond my knowledge base.

I took a stab in the dark on this one, as I have an old 1984 INDY 400 sled (one pulse line, two carbs) that had the very same thing happen to it - it would regularilly foul it's cylinder that the pulse line was attatched to, but the other cylinder would remain fine. Those carbs were substantialy different from the PWC carbs though - no butterflys, just straight conventional slide carbs with a main jet, needle jet, jet needle and a choke that just increased vacuum from the float bowls.

I see what your saying now! thats actually a new one to me but I could see it happening ! pop off tests are easy and really necessary to get the carbs set up like new again Z

Thanks for the help.

Thread Information