Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP stage II H Temp light coming on PART II

ok, now im starting to get a little concerned here. I flushed out my IC just as instructed by GH in the tip of the day thread and nothing came out of the intercooler, the fluids were all clean. I was expecting to get tons of sand and or debris and nothing came out... I first flushed it with the coil cleaner and then rinsed it with water. What else can be causing this to overheat.

Could a bag or something in the pump cause this aswell ?

Do these motors or ski's have the pissers like older 2 stroke ski's ? I cant seem to find it on mine..

+1
    ok, do u have a water strainer? leave the cooler in place, take both lines loose, but NOT at the cooler. U will back-flush it by putting garden hose and fitting on the "out" hose and the water will discharge on the "inlet" side....watch what comes out.........

thats exactly what I did, here is what I did step by step.

- I filled half a bucket with coil cleaner and I dropped a bilge pump in there to pump the solution through the IC. I first pumped it backwards through the outlet for about 5 minutes
    - Then I poured the coil cleaner from one bucket to another using a strainer so that any debris would be caught on the strainer.
    - I then pumped the coil cleaner trough the IC through the inlet for about 5 minutes.

At this this time nothing had come out of the IC. I then rinsed out the IC with the garden hose attched to the IC hose for 10 minutes until it was clean and no more coil cleaner was left in the hose.

+1
    u got a stock waterbox or what? is the hose clamp blocking the 3 pissers going from the j-pipe to waterbox? Some crazy cajun nut said that we could "tee" of of the line at the pump to feed the exhaust on 1 side and the intercooler on the other, taking intercooler out of the heat equation. u could then hook the intercooler discharge to a pisser, or if u like, water cannon(s). this way the exhaust gets unobstructed, non-heated water

yes its a stock water box, I have no idea where the pissers are and where he J pipe is located, Like I said , I am fairly new to these motors and am still getting to know them.

I was looking through the RIVA forum for other options to my problem and I ran into a thread that mentioned the exhaust being a little louder than normal being caused by the pipe running dryer. (Not enough water getting through the system). I did notice my exhaust was a bit louder.

+1
    u need to check the j-pipe clamps at the waterbox 2 b sure the pissers are not pinched/restricted.....I would remove j-pipe for inspection. Not enough water in the box and u will burn a hole in it 1st, then u might burn the hull get on it, chop chop.... (just kidding about the chop chop )

Elec connection

I dont know if this will help, but i had a similiar problem. my sensor connector looked like it was snapped in place but upon pulling a little on it, it can loose. the connection was on the exhaust. maybe see if it is loose, maybe spary a little di-electric grease and reinstall.

+1
    I had the same problem, I took off the j pipe and drilled out the three pisser holes a little bigger that took care of it.

get a strainer and run that on your inlet.
    water goes in the ic then out to the exhaust manifold and in to the box so if the first part is clogged then your exhaust will run dry hence being louder. where your j pipe goes into the box make sure the connector and clamps arent pinching off the 3 holes on the j pipe that will choke the water to the box. if you do run dry it will mostlikey fracture the waterbox due to heat....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information