( Had to go RXT.....Baby) Ultra Junkie's Avatar

Angry Riddle me this...Oil Issue AGAIN....

Get this - Changed oil and filter 3 weeks ago and only put 3 hours on the ski - went out today - max rpm 7290 and max gps speed 62.2 - didn't like theses numbers down from max rpm 7890 and max gps speed 69.2 - after about 45 minutes of riding my buzzer starts sounding - display reads OIL HIGH and ski goes limp - so then the normal reaction WTF!!!! Idled the ski back to the ramp and checked the oil and low and behold it was off the charts high!!!

Trailered it and headed home - pulled the intercoller - of course it had blow by oil standing in it - the the gas flush and blew it out real good - put it back in - got the oil boy out and pumped her dry - didn't change the filter this time...

Heres the kicker - when I did the oil and filter change 3 weeks ago I used the Skip method to fill the oil - engine level etc. etc. - Put oil in until it read Full Cold by Skips method which ended up being 3.75 quarts - so now - guess how much oil I pumped out.... 5 quarts!!!!

How can it happen so quick - hate to say it - but I don't like having issues with my toys every time I play with them.....

Any ideas why this is happening - Kawi tells me until the rings set it will leak small amounts of fuel into the lower end - DAMN - 1.25 quarts in 3 hours - thats a bit much....

SeaDoocer
    Funny, mine did the same thing this past weekend! This oil thing is driving me crazy.

mines been a quart high the last few rides..had to change the oil every time..looks like black gas..i have 27hrs now..my kawi dealer told me the same bs..seems the oil level is rising only after long runs and lots of wot..wtf did i buy this ski for? i feel ya

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Junkie View Post
    Get this - Changed oil and filter 3 weeks ago and only put 3 hours on the ski - went out today - max rpm 7290 and max gps speed 62.2 - didn't like theses numbers down from max rpm 7890 and max gps speed 69.2 - after about 45 minutes of riding my buzzer starts sounding - display reads OIL HIGH and ski goes limp - so then the normal reaction WTF!!!! Idled the ski back to the ramp and checked the oil and low and behold it was off the charts high!!!

Trailered it and headed home - pulled the intercoller - of course it had blow by oil standing in it - the the gas flush and blew it out real good - put it back in - got the oil boy out and pumped her dry - didn't change the filter this time...

Heres the kicker - when I did the oil and filter change 3 weeks ago I used the Skip method to fill the oil - engine level etc. etc. - Put oil in until it read Full Cold by Skips method which ended up being 3.75 quarts - so now - guess how much oil I pumped out.... 5 quarts!!!!

How can it happen so quick - hate to say it - but I don't like having issues with my toys every time I play with them.....

Any ideas why this is happening - Kawi tells me until the rings set it will leak small amounts of fuel into the lower end - DAMN - 1.25 quarts in 3 hours - thats a bit much....
    Have you done a leak down test yet? I know some other people here on the board have done a leak down test with some very low #'s and are still having issues with fuel in the oil. Make sure you guys check the oil on a regular basis, since the fuel will wash down the oil on the cylinders and cause excessive wear. 1.25 quarts of fuel in the oil will cause some major wear on the engine.

Is what goings on here that fuel is getting into the oil causing oil levels to be high? Whats the remedy? Just remove the excess oil? Pain. Wont that eventually ruin the oil viscosity. Whats the alternative? Change oil every time it goes to high. Real pain. Has me worried.

some sea doo's had the same isue, and it was fixed by replacing the releive valve in the gas tank. to one with a lower preasure. I wonder if that is the problem with the 250? When preasure builds up the injectors leak into the engine. I will start loosening my gass cap every time I come back from riding to see if it helps.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pipidulce View Post
    some sea doo's had the same isue, and it was fixed by replacing the releive valve in the gas tank. to one with a lower preasure. I wonder if that is the problem with the 250? When preasure builds up the injectors leak into the engine. I will start loosening my gass cap every time I come back from riding to see if it helps.
    I wonder if there is anyone out there that has hydrolocked????

Might have something to do with the Starter issues???? Yea, i'm reaching.

OK, who's gonna pull the fuel rail???

Once removed, you'd need to replace injector seals with new ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	injector.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	35273  

What if someone got an extra gas cap, and then put a variable pressure release on it. You could lower the fuel system pressure as low as possible without running issues or any warning lights coming on and see what happens. then you could raise it to see at what point, if any, it starts or stops putting fuel into the oil.

This of course only works if the system is pressurized as a whole and not just the fuel rail.

But if the pressure is bleeding down through the injectors, we would have some seriously black startup exhaust. I have not noticed that at all, if there is enough fuel leaking down into the cylinders to make a difference in the oil....wow...it would look like a friggin diesel for about 5 seconds.

Just thinking out loud here, let me know if I am nutz or on the wrong course.

Thread Information