Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    +1

What do ya'll suggest NEXT mod?

Guys I am on the fence with what mod I should do next. My goal was always to keep my RXP relatively SAFE and have a fun and fast ski in the 75-77 mph range.

I have a RR IC an 4inch intake. I have a riva vortec SCer impeller waiting to go on, but I was waiting to see what direction I wanted to go.

I have read allot about Les's kits and the B kit seams to be fast as hell and runs the stock intake and stuff. ( Can I run my 4inch intake?)

I also hear about this new RR SCer impeller and wounder if it will work with my RR IC and Open intake with a Stock ecu.

Anyway, what do you guys think. Just stick my Vortec in there and be done with it or wait until the RR SCer impeller. Or just go the A-kit from les? I really need to stop digging to deep into the money pit, but I would like the best combo for my buck.

SO what do ya'll think?????

dude, you need to take your wife out to dinner with out any kids like I did tonight for her birthday, LOL

Gather up those points and use em' later

Tim

+1
    Yea, Tim the wife can be more exspensive than my RXP!!!

+1
    u lookin for top speed or quickness? I think the RR impeller is going to be better than the Vortech but I also think its going to be like everything else on the market (yeh I think I can tell a diff???) type of thing. The B kit from Les is fersure not that, its a real diff. Id say sit tight and wait to hear bout the RR impeller and it will help you make up your mind.

Id say a cam, but what do I know its good for 2 mph but takes away from the bottom end

+1
    No cam, I want to stay out of the motor. I don't want to go that far!

Les's B-kit is Up there in $$$ And can I use it with my RRic and 4inch intake?

+1
    I tested the same setup minus the RRic and it DID NOT work for me, to lean. You will put a 13 psi SC on your ski but not a cam? The cam is the safest part out there, I think. But I would say no way on the B kit, unless you go with a fuel adder.

Water: First: FYI: I run a custom air intake w/ my "B" kit. No problems so far.
    Second: I think you need to decide if you want to "step up" to the RR ecu or not. The RR s/c impellor, from my understanding, is going to need more fuel than the stock can push. So, this means big $ to go with the Rotax. Les' "B" kit requires the controller/pump when you have better than stock air intake. So again, big $. The vortec, imo, is no longer worth the $, 1 lb/2 hp boost with little to no gain on top end. So, I think you might consider running Les' A kit for 10lbs of boost. If you were to send your s/c to him for modification, you could have it done for a lot less. (bad pun )

The hardest thing is waiting. I would suggest seeing some more results on the RR wheel first. Plus, see some more results on the Skat 3 bladers. You might have your 75 more easily than you think.

-Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire
    No cam, I want to stay out of the motor. I don't want to go that far!

Les's B-kit is Up there in $$$ And can I use it with my RRic and 4inch intake?

going at 75 ,,,77 and you want to stay out of the motor !!!!!!!!! dont ride aloot then because you will have probems at gps77 .....its a promise..

+1
    Get a set of them skegs from jerry when he get them,that will give a little top end.
    Last edited by buddydoo; 07-14-2006 at 07:34 PM.

+1
    Your gonna have to change your pump impeller. Bottom line. I personnally want to swing a 15/20. I`m not changing ECU`s on mine at all. Sooner or later someone will have a prom chip for this thing or reprogrammer. It`ll happen. May take 5 more years but it`ll happen.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information