Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bout to decide... RXP 155?...

Ok i've been researching all the different skis for my next purchase but i cannot find anything on the non supercharged RXP . so can yall tell me anything about it? Performance upgrades available? And most important top speed and gas economy! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SRT_Boss View Post
    Ok i've been researching all the different skis for my next purchase but i cannot find anything on the non supercharged RXP . so can yall tell me anything about it? Performance upgrades available? And most important top speed and gas economy! Thanks
    You will not be happy with the performance! My buddy just traded his 2006 rxp for the SC one. He now has a smile on his face

Quote Originally Posted by cdalesch View Post
    You will not be happy with the performance! My buddy just traded his 2006 rxp for the SC one. He now has a smile on his face
    So is the RXP 155 a XP Limited with different body style? runs low 60's mph? And also would the upgrades from the 215 HP model fit this ski? Just the parts not havin to do with the supercharger of course?

50HP on a ski is a tremendous difference, not just in top speed but acceleration, what it would cost to mod that thing to make you happy, you may as well just pay the little extra and buy the SC'd version.

+1
    Its doubtfull that you are going to get out of the mid to upper 50 mph with the 155 horse ski. Maybe 60 on a good day. 60 HP is a HUGE difference in performance. by the time that you buy all the aftermarket parts to get the RXP to the 60's, you will have passed what it will cost to buy the S/C version. Plus I would also think that down the road, when/if you sell or trade it, that you will have a much harder time than if you had the S/C RXP

So its about the same speed as an XP Limited? Im asking because that was one of my favorite skis of all time. Or can you get more performance out of the XP Limited? I just like the looks of the new RXP alot better so if i can get the good looks and basically the same performance as the XP Limited i would be happy. Ne1 got GPS speeds on the RXP 155?

Also i was considering that not havin a supercharger would add to reliability, which is pretty important to me.

+1
    Bro i f u want a MOPED to go RUN with the SUPER BIKES then you are getting the right machine. if u r gonna try and run with the BIG DOGS then u r making more problems by under buying your ski and will NOT ONLY be disappointed with performance but will also spend more $ than u should trying to go faster and NEVER get there. PERIOD! good luck with your decision u know your situation best im sure!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT_Boss View Post
    So its about the same speed as an XP Limited? Im asking because that was one of my favorite skis of all time. Or can you get more performance out of the XP Limited? I just like the looks of the new RXP alot better so if i can get the good looks and basically the same performance as the XP Limited i would be happy. Ne1 got GPS speeds on the RXP 155?
    The RXP is NOTHING like the XPL. The ride, feel, fit and power. They both have their positives and negatives. I haven't ridden the 155 version but what you give up going from the XPL you will want with more ponies in the RXP 215. I had a hard time adjusting to the RXP and still do because of the size, weight and handling. I still ride my XPL but need to ride the RXP for pure speed and acceleration. The time, $$, effort and reliability issues to make my XPL fast wasn't worth the headache. I take both to the lake and ride the one that fits the conditions of the water. ROUGH&FUN=XPL, FLAT&FAST=RXP with MODS. In other words, the STOCK 215 will not be enough. I wouldn't even consider a 155 RXP.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    yup...he's absolutly right. there is no comparison between the RXP and XPL, so just forget that relation right now. RXP is nowhere as playful as the XPL, which is one of the most manuverable hulls ever. But, for speed you'd be a fool to try the 155hp. You'll have a helluva time hitting the low to mid 60's on the 155... Get teh SC'ed version if you want speed, period.

OH WAIT..........don't do anything till the 08's come out in a couple months, or you'll be really mad, if all the rumors are true.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information