Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Speedster Bilge Pump

Guys,

I recently removed my SC and I notice the other day that my bilge pump was running. There was a little bit of water around it but it didn't seem to stop, so I unplugged the pump. Later I plugged the pump and sprayed some water into the engine compartment and the pump started but it stays on. There was some water left but nothing was coming out the water tube. Is there like an auto switch or something that I can check and clean?
    Thank you all,

Its automatic The switch on the dash lets you turn it on manualy
    Its supposed to do that

most likely his is doing the same as mine, the automatic switch has gotten water in it and if so it will intermittintly come on for no reason at all and eventually run your battery down, I just pulled the fuse for automatic operation and use the switch on the dash. I am just waiting til winter to take the boat in to the dealer since it takes them about a month or 2 for the most simple of operations.

the float switch is some kind of magnetic trigger, but its sealed(though apparantly not well enough) I guess you could drill a little hole to let the water out and then reseal it, but it was easier to just pull the fuse and run it myself, I just periodically flip the switch and feel for water coming out the hole on the side.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    they are turning out to be problematic this year for some reason... i've got a sportster and a challenger in for service right now bc the bilge bumps aren't turning off and are killing the batteries very quickly... we did pumps and switches in them jsut to start over

Speedsterpimpin

Thank you for your input, what you described is exactly what my boat is doing. So I agree with you most likely I have another wrong thing with this boat. I have to say I'm getting kind of upset with this thing. I have to say, this boats are not that good quality.
    Again this is my opinion, I have had many problems with this thing since day 1.
    Last edited by Rspeed; 08-15-2007 at 01:53 PM.

I have had pretty much everything go wrong and continue to do so, I am happy if I can take it out and not have something break on it or fly off, which is rediculous, I really enjoy the boat when it has a good day, but I am disgusted with the quality of most of it. I will say this, the motor has been great other than the washer issue, which I now have metal so hopefully no more engine troubles in the near future.

I think if my dealer was more responsive to my problems I would be less disgusted, but so far I have been on my own, though this forum has helped me a great deal.

also shibby a temporary (or permanent in my case) fix is to remove the fuse which controls the automatic function of the bilge pump, I want to say it was brown wire near the battery but I am not looking at it right now, anyways its one of those fuses hanging above the battery. That doesnt stop the pump from working on the dashboard switch, just kills its auto function, which is fine by me since I dont leave the boat in the water.

I tried pulling out the bilge pump fuse and the thing kept running . I called the dealer and they said that would be 2 weeks before they can look at my boat. Any suggestions???

Thank you everyone!

there are 2 fuses one for the switch and one for the auto operation, are you sure you pulled the right one? If you pulled the right one and the battery was turned off there is no way it could have come on, as the switches are overriden by the main battery switch. I want to say its a brown wire but i cant remember for sure, I need to look again when im by the boat. Either way its in that bundle of wires hanging above the battery.

yep i checked it, 3amp fuse inline on the brown wire hanging above the battery itself, its a little weatherpack fuse holder on the brown wire, just pop it open and pull that fuse, problem solved, then the pump will only operate on the dash switch.

I can't tell you how much time you guys just saved me. I too have the "bilge pump always on and draining my battery problem".

Since I keep it on a lift out of the water, I guess I'll just pull the fuse and make sure one of the plugs is undone in case it rains.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information