Thread: crownline

crownline

went to the boatshow today with my financial advisor(wife )and was thinking of buying a small bowrider.any of you guys have heard of crownline,they are a US import.
    does anyone on here have one,or know someone that has one
    are they better/worse then bayliner,maxum,searay or any other brand
    any help welcome
    cheers joe

Hey there my buddy Fosters My friend has a 25ft Crownline, really nice boat.
    Better than gayliner - YES
    better than Maxum - YES
    better than SeaRay - personnally I would look at SeaRay
    remember there are a LOT of knock-offs out there, look at the craftsmanship/hull/accessories etc. and what you are trying to do or what purpose your buying the boat for. You can go insane nuts looking at boats.
    Are you looking for inboard? IO?, outboard?
    todays Four stroke outboards are the sh!t, but don`t exclude the E-tec series Johnson or Evinrude either...
    Have a great day my friend! ...PR...

thanks for that PR
    yeah i saw the searay as well its a toss up between the two
    purpose of the boat will be just going out with the family and do a bit of skiing/wakeboarding
    there will be both river and ocean riding so it`ll have to be able to handle the chop reasonably well
    the one`s i looked at all had the inboard mercruisers in them,so i don`t think i can get any better there

We have a Crownline and love it. It is a 98 with 200+ hrs on it and have never had a problem. Great ride much better than that of a Caravelle or a cheaper boat. Also Sea ray is a great boat for families. I know many people who have had good luck w/ sea ray. Rinker, My brother in law has a 25' rinker deck boat holds 14 people has a 350 in it and cruises well with a top speed of only 52mph. Buy a Donzi ZX35!

Quote Originally Posted by fosters
    thanks for that PR
    purpose of the boat will be just going out with the family and do a bit of skiing/wakeboarding
    there will be both river and ocean riding so it`ll have to be able to handle the chop reasonably well
    the one`s i looked at all had the inboard mercruisers in them,so i don`t think i can get any better there
    do you mean inboard - shaft drive or inboard - outdrive?
    V6 or V8?...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Hey there my buddy Fosters My friend has a 25ft Crownline, really nice boat.
    Better than gayliner - YES
    better than Maxum - YES
    better than SeaRay - personnally I would look at SeaRay
    Keep in mind that the line that separated Bayliner, Maxum and SeaRay keeps getting closer every year. Some of the three brands of boats come off the same line and share the same hulls. Especially in the under 26 foot range.
    They are all US Marine products.

thanks for that PR
    V6 or V8?...PR...
    you`re getting a bit to technical PR
    pretty sure they were inboard/outdrive
    which is better

thanks for that PR
    V6 or V8?...PR...
    you`re getting a bit to technical PR
    pretty sure they were inboard/outdrive
    which is better
    My family has had several Marathon`s and Sea Ray`s which were IO, inboard with outdrives, I`ve had outboards myself, It all depends on your preferences and layout of the boat, I always thought outboards were the easiest to maintaion and remove for winter storage or work, todays 4-stroke tech is amazing. quiet running efficient outboards, on the other hand if you don`t mind engine hatch`s and climbing below deck to service your boat (inboards) or opening engine cowl to service the engine (inboard/outdrive) then go that route. The outboards are all in one, engine and gear case, Voila! It`s really what suits ya, good luck in your choices! My family and relatives always ended up owning Sea Ray`s...PR...

cheers PR
    i keep looking till i find what i`m after
    if we ever meet i`ll shout you a beer......or two or three or.... you get my drift

hey PR or anyone else for that matter,i just saw the FOUR WINNS very nice boats,20 foot with 5.0 merc
    are they popular over there
    heard good things about them from a friend of mine,just want to make sure that`s all
    thanks fosters

Thread Information