Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 supercharger failure

Hello all!... I am a new member here and wanted to share my recent SeaDoo SC experience. I own a 2007 RXT with 18 hours that I purchased new about a month ago. Last Sunday while running wide open for a few seconds there was a number of power losses and surges and then a final drop in speed. All this happened in about of 3-5 seconds. The engine idles fine and runs smooth but only goes about 47mph and the distinctive SC "whine" is gone. I dropped it off at my dealer Monday morning and after disassembling the SC they found both ceramic washers gone. What SeaDoo is recommending the dealer do is inspect the oil pump for damage and replace if necessary. Clean the oil pump screen down stream of the pump, drain the engine oil, refill with fresh oil, run the engine for two minutes, drain the oil again, refill with fresh oil and rebuild the SC. Question, does this sound like a correct procedure and what will keep this from happening again? I purchased the 3-year extended warranty and my dealer has already told me that installing the steel washers on the SC would void the factory engine warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by cmriscin View Post
    Hello all!... I am a new member here and wanted to share my recent SeaDoo SC experience. I own a 2007 RXT with 18 hours that I purchased new about a month ago. Last Sunday while running wide open for a few seconds there was a number of power losses and surges and then a final drop in speed. All this happened in about of 3-5 seconds. The engine idles fine and runs smooth but only goes about 47mph and the distinctive SC "whine" is gone. I dropped it off at my dealer Monday morning and after disassembling the SC they found both ceramic washers gone. What SeaDoo is recommending the dealer do is inspect the oil pump for damage and replace if necessary. Clean the oil pump screen down stream of the pump, drain the engine oil, refill with fresh oil, run the engine for two minutes, drain the oil again, refill with fresh oil and rebuild the SC. Question, does this sound like a correct procedure and what will keep this from happening again? I purchased the 3-year extended warranty and my dealer has already told me that installing the steel washers on the SC would void the factory engine warranty.
    tell him next year they are coming from the factory with steel washers....are they going to void the warranty on those......this is all dealer dependant.....some dealers recommend you do it....and will keep your warrenty

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cmriscin View Post
    I purchased the 3-year extended warranty and my dealer has already told me that installing the steel washers on the SC would void the factory engine warranty.

Just wait until he see's the 08 models

+1
    Let them fix it with their ceramic crap, then put the metal washers in when you get it back.

As for their repair plans, they are doing more than a lot of dealers do. I would want them to tear the engine down and clean up the bottom end too. But what they are doing is probably the best you are going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicMS3 View Post
    tell him next year they are coming from the factory with steel washers....are they going to void the warranty on those......this is all dealer dependant.....some dealers recommend you do it....and will keep your warrenty
    Your correct, the technician working on my machine verified that the 2008's will have steel washers replacing the ceramics. The good news on my machine is the oil pumps were udamaged by the ceramic washers breaking into pieces so the repair is as simple as an SC rebuild kit and a couple oil changes. QUESTION, are there other changes to the 2008 SC other than the steel washers?
    Last edited by cmriscin; 08-16-2007 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

Just wait until he see's the 08 models

Next week my local dealer is going to the annual SeaDoo meeting in Orlando and has told me they will bring back all the information they can get their hands on.

one day (hopefully within the next 3 years) you will have something else break, timing chain, valve, bearing,....something WILL break. The reason will be simple, ceramic sand swimming through the engine because the dealer didn't clean anything out. Check your oil pressure, that will tell you if the pumps are good or not, don't listen to your dealer, most are clueless.

just wondering if they go to steel washers next year if someone has a SC repair if the repair parts will be steel washers from Sea Doo???

Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    one day (hopefully within the next 3 years) you will have something else break, timing chain, valve, bearing,....something WILL break. The reason will be simple, ceramic sand swimming through the engine because the dealer didn't clean anything out. Check your oil pressure, that will tell you if the pumps are good or not, don't listen to your dealer, most are clueless.
    I totally agree with you, all those micro-ceramic particles can't possibly be removed with a couple of oil changes. By the way, how would a semi-technical dummy like myself go about checking the oil pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by GTXX View Post
    just wondering if they go to steel washers next year if someone has a SC repair if the repair parts will be steel washers from Sea Doo???
    You would think so, if they had half a brain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information