Kenny Mack

3rd cylinder gone - need help!!

Just bought my first waverunner a couple of months ago and after all the bad weather etc........have used it for maybe 1 hour. Runner now has 73 hours and it had the oil line come off number 3 cylinder and blow up engine. Woods Fun Center said they can fix it for $4400, which I don't have. Would it be better to buy a newer engine or try to have this one repaired??? How much would a used engine cost??? If repaired, do you know anyone around Lago Vista who is trustworthy??? Thanks for your help guys.......

+1
    You can find some nice used skis with the same or less hours and usually mods for what they want to fix that motor! :wow: I would tell those people to suck it! I would think you could get that fixed for less than a 1/4 of that price if thats all thats wrong with it. Sorry to hear about your motor man!
    Last edited by Yellow93; 08-15-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Post up some pictures of the carnage so the site members might give you a better estimate of repair costs.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymack View Post
    Just bought my first waverunner a couple of months ago and after all the bad weather etc........have used it for maybe 1 hour. Runner now has 73 hours and it had the oil line come off number 3 cylinder and blow up engine. Woods Fun Center said they can fix it for $4400, which I don't have. Would it be better to buy a newer engine or try to have this one repaired??? How much would a used engine cost??? If repaired, do you know anyone around Lago Vista who is trustworthy??? Thanks for your help guys.......
    whats up kenny! i got all the parts your gonna need and i live on lake travis and drive to lago alot.. id be happy to help u out, more gpr people i can meet on travis the better... where do you launch ?? what year ski do you have?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    whats up kenny! i got all the parts your gonna need and i live on lake travis and drive to lago alot.. id be happy to help u out, more gpr people i can meet on travis the better... where do you launch ?? what year ski do you have?
    He has an 01 XLT, its the same Silver XLT that was at the Lake Travis ride a couple months ago (was owned by David at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    He has an 01 XLT, its the same Silver XLT that was at the Lake Travis ride a couple months ago (was owned by David at the time).

oh i see,,, im suprised the line wasnt secured properly to the carb since it had been around all that knowledge...

anyway xlt still same motor/problems.

I have that same ski i.e. the 01 XLT1200 silver trimmed model. Anyways what is the best method of ensuring the Oil Lines are secured thus avoiding the engine rebuild every time one pops off?

I just baught this thing and am having a new SBT put in it at my local Stealership because the oil line to the 1st and 3rd cylinders popped off, but after this I'm doing everything from here on out myself.

WC

Quote Originally Posted by Waverunner Chump View Post
    I have that same ski i.e. the 01 XLT1200 silver trimmed model. Anyways what is the best method of ensuring the Oil Lines are secured thus avoiding the engine rebuild every time one pops off?

I just baught this thing and am having a new SBT put in it at my local Stealership because the oil line to the 1st and 3rd cylinders popped off, but after this I'm doing everything from here on out myself.

WC

if its not to late give that sbt back!! u can do it yourself.....

go pre-mix and u wont have to worry about the lines.

Thread Information