Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Removing the inner hood...

On A GTX LTD. how do you go about remove the Black plastic inner hood? I took out all of the little screw and then took the latch off of the top, and I still could not get it to budge. thanks!

If your hood is still attached to the ski, put some of those little screws back in to hold it. now, remove little clip from rod (at hinge), inside the front compartment you`ll see a little cover at the nose, pull this off, disconnect wire harness, cut zip ties, and remove rubber accordian boot seal at wire/rod on top. remove the 2 bolts at hinge swivel, (the rear most bolts) and the LONG bolt (hinge bolt), now lift off the hood and place on towel or covered surface. DO NOT remove the latch bolts, there are 2 10mm head bolts in center of inner skin, remove these, noe remove all those little screws, 5.5mmsocket, youi will see alignment/secure tabs on the sides of the skin, and 1 just above latch, iether use your palm or soft rubber mallet and where the gasket area is (that flat spot) give the inner shell a whack REARWARD to un-dog from these tabs, now simply lift off...Hope this helps ya!...

the hinge bolts may have little plastic covers on the heads...

thanks PR!

I was re-reading these directions....Is there anyway to get it off with out removing the entire hood, and just the black inner hood?

I don`t think so bc the hood has to slide forward and it will hit the hull in the open position. you don`t need to remove latch from inner shell...the outside part is delicate without the inner part, that`s why I though it best to remove entire hood...PR...

Kinchyle did it with it still on the ski... I asked him but in the meantime...

I took off the 6 little (sheet metal type) screws and the 2 bigger ones in the middle toward the bottom I still cant get the damn thing off....anyone know?

I just took out all the screws and with the hood completly open (you can put a rolled up shirt at the bottom) pull down on it. Should pop off and you can reach in and just unplug the electrical. I just mounted the speakers without disconnecting the electric then put the hood back on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hood_with_speaker_180.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	2730  

I didn`t want to risk, scratching or breaking the locking tabs, and I had more control separating the 2 halves off the ski...that`s all...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    I didn`t want to risk, scratching or breaking the locking tabs, and I had more control separating the 2 halves off the ski...that`s all...PR...
    Pale is right though, watch out for the locking tabs you don't want to snap one of those trying to budge it(or you will be breaking out the jb weld). Once you remove it , removing it the next time is easier.

I decied I am just ogin to take the entire hood off and make sure I dont break anything...But the directions are confusing... I am looking at a 2004 Seadoo service maual and I am looking at the picture of the front compartment and the hood....I dont see anything you are talking about... I guess I am just going to have to get in there and just start loosening stuff....lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information