Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    07 GP1300R

Looking for starter wire? Alarm install on GP1300R

I install mobile electronic for a living and plan on putting an alarm system on my PWC.

I plan on putting pin switches underneith the seat and front storage area so that once the alarm is armed if anyone opens either of these, the alarm goes off.

The alarm will also disable the starter once it is armed, but I am having a little trouble finding the starter wire. I've looked at the schematic, but can't really find the actual wire location. Anyone know where it's at?

I haven't started the install, but will post a How-To once it's all done. It's a wonder these things don't come standard with Alarms.

In order to disable the starter, the wire you are looking for is the red wire going to the starter. To find it easily, just look for the red wire going underneath the exhaust manifold (that is where the starter is). There is only one red wire going to this location so you can't mistake it for something else. I am very interested in reading the how-to on this and possibly doing it myself. Remember, take lots of pics every step of the install!

07 GP1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo951 View Post
    In order to disable the starter, the wire you are looking for is the red wire going to the starter. To find it easily, just look for the red wire going underneath the exhaust manifold (that is where the starter is). There is only one red wire going to this location so you can't mistake it for something else. I am very interested in reading the how-to on this and possibly doing it myself. Remember, take lots of pics every step of the install!
    Sounds good, I'm strapped for cash right now, but it WILL be done sometime next week. I've been planning on it for a while and really shouldn't be too difficult to explain.

07 GP1300R
    Wow! found all the wires needed in less than 15 minutes. I will say, it would probably take a MINIMUM (I'm talking about a professional thief here) 2-3 minutes to disarm the entire system (even longer depending on how well you hide the alarm itself, but noway in Hell is anyone gonna wanna stick around that long with the alarm going off (remember, the alarm triggers as soon as either the seat or the front storage lid are opened).

Fellas, I look forward to showing yall how to do this, nothng (well, almost nothing) scares me as much as how easy skis are to steal, now thieves won't have much of a chance.
    Last edited by GP1300RnPVB; 08-15-2007 at 10:27 PM.

We should be allowed to wire into a 240volt sytem,and fry the bastards when they touch our property,but until then I'll settle for an alarm (at least it'll give me a chance to get out to the ski with the baseball bat and cattle prod!). Make sure you provide details of how to make the system waterproof against salt etc. Good on ya!

+1
    Can you wire up a pin switch to the gas cap? I know a few people would be interested in this.

+1
    Disable the fuel pump instead IMO. Its the only solid blue wire.

07 GP1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by osidebill View Post
    Can you wire up a pin switch to the gas cap? I know a few people would be interested in this.
    The ideas have definitely been flying, I think what I may do is have a motion sensor, with an inline switch that allows the user to disable the sensor while the craft is in the water (motion of the ocean would set it off), and enable the sensor when it is on their trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Disable the fuel pump instead IMO. Its the only solid blue wire.
    Why do you say that? I would rather them not be able to even crank my ski than just not supply any fuel.

I am looking into the Merlin alarms by DEI, I'm having a little trouble finding a completely waterproof (most are water resistant) alarm, but figure I will mount it high up in the ski, probably underneith the battery box. The Merlin also has a backup battery, so that even if the thief unplugs the battery the alarm will still go off. And the Merlin has waterproof remote transmiters.
    Last edited by GP1300RnPVB; 08-16-2007 at 09:48 AM.

Did you ever install the alarm?

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    is it possible for a gp1200r?

good luck with it.. im also interested to see how it works...

very unique idea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information