Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

70 MPH for $687.00

I have been consistantly running in the high 67's in the heat. If the Riva ride plate delivers 2-3 mph as promised, I should be a little over 70. (we shall see) Adding up my receipts, I have $687.00 in parts I have purchased.(including the Riva ride plate)
    I know some will get to 70 cheaper and it is possible for way less than $700.00. If you used a homemade or modified stock intake, 70 could be had for $500.00 or less. In my case, the R-Rated intake and Riva ride plate are $464.00 of the $687.00 spent. I like the R-rated intake but it really didn't make a big difference untill I did several fresh air mods. After that, it started showing it's worth. Then again, some people like Harry go 70 for $9.99 and a trip to Home Depot......
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 08-16-2007 at 08:32 AM.

+1
    I was hoping there were results in here. Maybe after the weekend.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JWilson View Post
    I was hoping there were results in here. Maybe after the weekend.
    If my plate gets here before the weekend, I should have it installed and tested by Sunday afternoon.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Actually i have $643.00 in what i have done.

+1
    I am the cheap a$Z. I have less than $100 and went 68.8 last time out and around 68 average.

Riva plate on order

I think I can get 68+ on my other ultra for free + wedge(not counting time) with what I have learned on mine.

This is summer speeds I am talking about
    Last edited by spaulding; 08-16-2007 at 06:59 AM.

I am at 68.2 (using 2 different GPSs) at 80 degrees heat with 30 bucks spent on a wedge and free BOV mod though i saw no add from the BOV mod, oh i guess i did take off about 5 extra pounds of silicon from the bottom of the ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehrjet View Post
    I am at 68.2 (using 2 different GPSs) at 80 degrees heat with 30 bucks spent on a wedge and free BOV mod though i saw no add from the BOV mod, oh i guess i did take off about 5 extra pounds of silicon from the bottom of the ski.
    That's a great speed. With a stock ski that fast, it would be interesting to see what it would do with a few mods. How fast are you running when it's humid and the temp is in the upper 90's?
    I ran this afternoon. 67.4 (average of 6 runs with 67.6 being the fastest) 98 degrees and very humid.
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 08-16-2007 at 01:16 PM.

Honestly it hasn't been super hot and humid in my area this year. It jsut started getting that way past two weeks which i spent in Sydney and Singapore. HOPING to get out this weekend its supposed to be high 80's and high humidity but also they are saying lots of storms, but who knows. The weather people won't know what this saturday's forcast is like until this sunday . When i ran my 68.2 it was early/mid morning right around 80 with low humidity and very low tank of gas. Not sure how low, but the low fuel light had been on for awhile. Full tank of gas and high humidity i would bet i am probably a little below what you are running. I'll keep you posted if i go out this weekend. I was really happy with my 68.2 and a little shocked i think i may have gotten a gem ski usually i get the runt of the litter.

+1
    Stock on an early overcast June morning I did 68.4. I even posted thinking how great my ski was. Since that time I have found this ski varies immensely with barometer, temperature, humidity, fuel level, riding position, and water conditions that a peak number on a GPS is useless information IMO. As the summer got here and stock + wedge I was lucky to get 65 out of it on a good day. It is more about what can you run at any given time

Now, my 100% stock ski will GPS around 65 everytime around a 1/2 tank. My modified ski stays at 67+. I really hope the riva plate adds 3mph with the wedge.

I would like to do 70+ before the end of summer and hopefully 72 as it cools off.

I would love to get to 75, but I think this hull will have a hard time getting above 72.

I wish some of the shops would spill what there ski is doing speed wise. I understand why they won't and respect them for it, but I would love to know just to have an idea of potential.

Jason

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehrjet View Post
    Honestly it hasn't been super hot and humid in my area this year. It jsut started getting that way past two weeks which i spent in Sydney and Singapore. HOPING to get out this weekend its supposed to be high 80's and high humidity but also they are saying lots of storms, but who knows. The weather people won't know what this saturday's forcast is like until this sunday . When i ran my 68.2 it was early/mid morning right around 80 with low humidity and very low tank of gas. Not sure how low, but the low fuel light had been on for awhile. Full tank of gas and high humidity i would bet i am probably a little below what you are running. I'll keep you posted if i go out this weekend. I was really happy with my 68.2 and a little shocked i think i may have gotten a gem ski usually i get the runt of the litter.
    I would love to ride in the 80s you are lucky.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information