Thread: Twincharger?

Twincharger?

My friend who has a yamaha r6 turbo said that I could twin charge my ski it would be supercharged turbo charged which is possible in car applications question is where would i find pistons rods camshafts and what injectors and fuel management system would I run also has anyone ever done nitrous to one of these? My friend I think can mechanically do it weather anyone thinks it would work and where I could find pieces is another thing. Random ass question just want some input. So much for the warranty

you cant run nitrous unless you want you ski to be a dog when not on nitrous. and with running all of that boost and NOS you would be looking at buying a new engine after everytime out...I would just keep theS/C maybe to to a Bkit or wait for the RR 10psi S/C impeller. What works on cars doesnt necassaraly work on jetskis. the reason nitrous wont work is because you have to have your prop pitched for the nitrous and when not on nitrous your ski will be running at about 5000 rpms, now if you wanted to do that, that would be one hell of a ride once you did hit the juice...

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Nitrous is a BAD idea...

As far as twin chargers some Rally cars were equiped (Lancia 037) in the early 80s Group B class, it was relevant back then when turbos had HORRIBLE lag so they needed a small supercharger for low end...

Today's belt driven superchargers give you all the boost you can ever need on a PWC, I'd think it's a much easier way to go than 2 blowers, custom exhaust manifold and all, not even mentioning room issues with 2 intercoolers and all the plumbing that goes with it...

Re: Twincharger?

Quote Originally Posted by The Green MACHINE
    My friend who has a yamaha r6 turbo said that I could twin charge my ski it would be supercharged turbo charged which is possible in car applications
    Yes, it can be done, we have a local moded RXP running this set-up already and according to the source he is pushing 20 PSI with this twin charger set-up.

+1
    20 psi on stock compression??? im sorry but im gonna have to call bs, unless that ski comes back once a week for a new engine

+1
    Evan, he blew his engine right away

+1
    ok thats what i was thinkin at least it couldnt be reliable i knew that much
    maybe with like 6:1 compression it would work ok

I bet it was wild for the few minutes that it lasted

I was looking at twin charger single intercooler with the plumbing we set up a twin turbo audi with but understandable about nitrous. How much am I looking at supercharger impeller wise obviously the amounts are endless to do to something like this my buddy looked at it today and we were taking apart is turbo acura rsx and we have come up with some intake idea's and need alittle info on exhaust but he thinks he can make a nice exhaust. so... maybe doing interooler with bov on the piping like the race car. I just dont know where to start I just want speed. I need to find out what is wrong with her now it seems like she isn't running up to par especially in 45 degree weather with the water at 35 degree's on a fairly smooth body of water.

Quote Originally Posted by GTXX
    I bet it was wild for the few minutes that it lasted
    Yes it was, his Gps was reading 80 MPH!!!!!

Thread Information