Thread: Prop Question

+1

Lightbulb Prop Question

Hey guys. Hope someone can help. I did a search on this but didn't exactly get the info I needed. I have a 07 gpr with just d plate and ppk. I am getting rideplate soon but my real question is can I run a 14/20 prop? and which is better a dynafly or concord? only thing i have turned up on search is ppl say u can't turn a prop that big with stock motor. Can anyone shed some light and give me advice? thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gprjersey07 View Post
    Hey guys. Hope someone can help. I did a search on this but didn't exactly get the info I needed. I have a 07 gpr with just d plate and ppk. I am getting rideplate soon but my real question is can I run a 14/20 prop? and which is better a dynafly or concord? only thing i have turned up on search is ppl say u can't turn a prop that big with stock motor. Can anyone shed some light and give me advice? thanks
    you can only use a dynafly on your ski and no without engine mods you will be very low on rpm resulting in bad perfprmance,hope this helped a little...

+1
    Little bit but what exactly do i need to do in order to gain benefits from it? or should i go 13/19? and would 13/19 give any more top speed or just better holeshot?

Quote Originally Posted by gprjersey07 View Post
    Little bit but what exactly do i need to do in order to gain benefits from it? or should i go 13/19? and would 13/19 give any more top speed or just better holeshot?

I am running the 14/20 and my rpm's are 6980 now that is too low need to be over at least 7100 to get the best performance. I am planning to get my head milled as i heard this is better for cooling than aftermarket heads.If you go with the 13/19 you will get better holeshot and midrange but not going to gain that much on top like the 14/20.

You could go depitched 14/20 to 13/19 but I would wait. Stock prop can get you over 70mph. Spend your money other stuff IMO and get a 14/20 when you you are pulling more than 7200rpms.

+1
    I vote add compression and turn the 14/20 to have your head cut is only about $100 (Jims Performance). Since yours is a non-pv motor it is a soft on the bottom anyway the compression will help.

There is a EFI controller for sale in the Classifieds $300 is a good deal and suckmywake is a good guy.

+1
    Having the heads milled is only 100$ total? anywhere in NJ i can get this done and will it affect reliability?

Thread Information