Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    +1

Green Hulk Rideplate Skegs - Test Results

I finally got to do some more testing of my rideplate skegs with Buddydoo's RXP today.

The results are astonishing. Finally, i come up with something so small that does so much. First off the handling is unreal. This thing tracks like its on rails. Also, at top speed you can actually tell that the ski is riding higher out of the water.

The most impressive thing about todays testing was the 72.8 MPH GPS runs with 3 bars of fuel.

Keep in mind this is basically a stock RXP with the only mods being a Riva grate, OPAS block offs and a Solas 14/19 with my pitch on it and of course my rideplate skegs.

Best speed before the skegs was 70.2 in much cooler weather. It was HOT today.

I will have the first sets of skegs off the CNC machine this week. They will be a slightly different shape than what we used on Buddydoo's ski so I plan to test them on Careys ski to note any differences. By the way, i ran a best of 71.7 on Careys ski today. Buddydoo just walked on by!

I plan to offer the skegs in the store as a kit complete with the marine epoxy needed to secure them as well as instructions.

Hurry I want them bad. if i can run 74 in cold weather on a stock intercooler just think with these on my ski in the early season. 76mph. beathing most stage 2 skis with stock intercooler. WOW that would be fun for me LOL. stage 2 ski and les charger and these 82mph stock head and such look out pistonwash hulk may beat u this summer.(let the drama start) just playing

+1
    If I don't do anymore mods to my doo carey's doo with the skegs is going to leave me behand.

Jerry you are going to have Steve test a pair right ? I'm very interested in having a pair that would work well for the RXT

Do you think the RXT version would need to be drastically different ? What is the procuess to remove these ? Did you use a lighter glue on the test model ?

+1
    Yea, shibby is getting a set to test on the bigger skis.

The epoxy holds very well, but they can be knocked off with a chisel if you wanted to remove them. I don't know why you would though as they work very well.

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    Have you thopught about possibly a more permanent mounting method?

It certainly sounds good but what happens the first time you bump a decent sized whatever laying a few inches below water (just enough you can't see it)...I know none of us want to consider that but the reality is it happens...Possibly bolting them through the rideplate/heat exchanger with rubber washers on each side to elimiate the potential for the rideplate leaking out...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Yea, shibby is getting a set to test on the bigger skis.

The epoxy holds very well, but they can be knocked off with a chisel if you wanted to remove them. I don't know why you would though as they work very well.
    I was thinking for the testing process. I know when I get a pair I'm going to have them epoxied pretty well. I certainly will like the tracking ability.

Are you going to send him different lengths ? or just hope the one he gets works well and work with placement

that is great to hear jerry! glad these are working so well, can't wait to buy a set of my own once u have them in the store!

+1
    Awesome numbers any idea when these will be in your online store?

+1
    Hey Jerry- don't forget about us RXT guys...

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information