+1

New To Performance PWC

As this being my first post, I would first like to start off by saying what a great site and community you guys here have established. I have never had a question that I couldn't find some info on here at GreenHulk.

I am generally new to the ski world, but I have an idea of what performance mods you guys install on your ski's(riva.. etc). My project RXP isn't looking as promising as I'd hoped, so instead, this winter I will be in the market for a New or Leftover ski. I was hoping you guys would have an idea of what I could get a 04-06' RXP for?

Also, on a Riva Stage II, does the Rear Exhaust Kit require a hole drilled in the back of the hull? If so, (I have the tools) did you feel confident enough doing this by yourself? or did you have it done by some sort of custom body works?

Thanks in advance for any input you may be able to give me.
    -Pike

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-Pike View Post
    As this being my first post, I would first like to start off by saying what a great site and community you guys here have established. I have never had a question that I couldn't find some info on here at GreenHulk.

I am generally new to the ski world, but I have an idea of what performance mods you guys install on your ski's(riva.. etc). My project RXP isn't looking as promising as I'd hoped, so instead, this winter I will be in the market for a New or Leftover ski. I was hoping you guys would have an idea of what I could get a 04-06' RXP for?

Also, on a Riva Stage II, does the Rear Exhaust Kit require a hole drilled in the back of the hull? If so, (I have the tools) did you feel confident enough doing this by yourself? or did you have it done by some sort of custom body works?

-Pike

Welcome to the boards Pike! You are now part of the largest dysfunctional online family....

What is wrong with your 04 right now?

You can probably find some leftover 05's and 06's, even some 07's in the winter time...

The rear exhaust is a hole cut in the rear. It does have a template, and as long as you have the right size hole says on your drill, its easy...

+1
    The 04' thats currently in my possession is in it's own world of problems. It was bought off a relative, stripped of some internal 'organs' after the hull hit a stump at speeds excessing 50 mph on a local lake. Fortunatly he was not hurt, but you can speak otherwise for the ski. It's a total mess, but I won't part with it. That is a different story, and for now I am focused on a new ski.

Banned User
    +1
    The 04' thats currently in my possession is in it's own world of problems. It was bought off a relative, stripped of some internal 'organs' after the hull hit a stump at speeds excessing 50 mph on a local lake. Fortunatly he was not hurt, but you can speak otherwise for the ski. It's a total mess, but I won't part with it. That is a different story, and for now I am focused on a new ski.
    how bad is the hull? I might be interested in it, I need a template!

+1
    i got a 2006 RXP 25 hours good shape road cover no trailer ridden little i can hook u up with right!!!!!!!!!! 317-752-7506 Steve

Are you a Pike or what? Welcome to the board

+1
    Danny -- The hull is a terror to look at, about 7 feet down from the nose of the ski, (the rear 3-4 feet) is basically gone. Towards the edges of the bottom of the hull are still intant, as is the pump and housing.

The only reason I haven't discarded it yet is there was no flooding to the engine. When the stump was stuck, it sent the ski, and my uncle for that matter a few feet into the air. The ski landed back in the water and ran itself on the nearby shore. He claims that the ski became unresponsive, but even after the accident, it was evident that the steering still worked nicely. My guess is he was trying to show off and had no idea about the stump.

I'll try to get the pictures from my uncle and upload them later.
    --Pike

I picked up my '04 RXP as a leftover in March 2005 for $8K. I got a trailer, lift, all the other standard junk, and I believe a 1 year warranty (or maybe it was 2 ), for $10,400.

It's easy. Like Danny said, there is a template. Just take your time and think about what you're doing for a second before you dive in. You can do this yourself. Danny is the master at saving $$$. If you have a question about how to do a project for low cost ask him. Seriously...good stuff.

-Pike

Thread Information