Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

oil level high by 2-1/2 qts. with gas in it.

OK so i had some issues with my ski and i took it in to get checked out..
    after a week of them not looking at the ski. they tell me that the oil level was high by 2-1/2 qts. with gas mixed in.

now this dealer did my last oil change. and it was just about shy of its hours for an oil change.

I want to know is kawaskai going to do any thing with all this gas getting into the crank case...

i mean gas in the oil is not something i am looking forward to dealing with.

gas isnt the greatest of lubes.

I have a 5 year warrenty on my ski... I dont think i should have to pay for oil changes that have to be done more often the what the service manuel says. (right?)

I mean i spent a crap load of money on this ski.. this really shouldnt be an issue...

Any way .. does any one have any contact info for kawaskai.? I would like to speak to some one to see how they are addressing the issue.

sorry for the type o's ... just annoyed and losing my summer riding time for this stupied crap...

ditto...i feel ya..i'm dealing with the same ca ca..my dealer tells me he's going to get the area service rep to come in a look at my ski..blah blah..if enough peeps start making a serious issue of this maybe kawi will do something..

we def need to do something...
    I'm a marine engineer so i know the importance of a regular oil change...
    ( regular meaning a set about of hours..)

i've checked my oil thousands of times.. and gas on the dipstick makes it hard to read, esp. when dealing with leveling the ski on the trailer etc.

Kawaskai needs to understand that oil COSTS $$$ (esp when done at the dealer.. but i would hate to have my warrenty voided ) and having to change my oil ever time i take the ski out for the day ... is unacceptable.!!!!

also does any one know where i can get the tech. book for my 250x

I ride at least once a week for 4 hours at a time, so I've been pulling out about 1/8 quart before each ride and changing at 10 hours. This can't be good or safe either..

I am having my oil level rise due to gas also.. We need to do something about this we all having the same problems.

( Had to go RXT.....Baby) Ultra Junkie's Avatar

Amen...Constant problem...mines in the shop again...

Everyone seems to be having the same issue....When you talk to Kawi whats the response...( We have not heard of this happening it must be that your rings have not set yet ) WTF!!!! If they haven't heard of it yet - it's because they don't want to hear it and refuse to listen....

My ski is less than four months old and has been a constant pain in my azz... when it comes out of the shop guess what.... bye, bye, performance project and hello RXT... sorry to have to do it but I don't like projects....

Good luck...

we do alot of river runs here..after the last 11hrs on my ski..i've had to change my oil 3 TIMES..27 hrs on it now..each time it's about 1qt high..put 4qts in..pump 5 out..it looks like black gas..my drain tube is about half full of gas..is there a magic number on when the rings set? bs..too much money for all this

it seems to be doing it after the fuel level starts getting low and wot runs..i check the oil several times during our runs and it seems ok...then all of a sudden..

btw you can get a service manual from your dealer..i think it's around 60 bucks..don't do anything that will void your warranty..you will get screwed

I am starting to not like my two Ultra's

Oil in the intercooler
    all four spark plugs fouled on both skis after 25 hours
    fuel in oil Its expensive to change the oil every 10 hours why should we have to do this!! Mine is black and smells like gas after 10 hours of use. My ski has 45 hours on my "rings"
    oil level rising evey time I go out causing oil and gas to get into the intercooler then into the intake and then fouled plugs and low RPMs. I think its time for us to start making a issue of these problems with kawasaki we should all demand a fix for our skis.

I have 2 ultras and they are both have all of the above problems

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information