Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

R&D air filter kit...

I had this lying on the shelf from back when I ran this with the PPG power pipe. I cleaned up the filter element, painted the tube and decided to give it a shot since I was back to the stock air box and down 100-150 rpm`s with the 12\20 in there...here`s some pics...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 01-11-2008 at 11:07 PM.

what is the see truu pipe? where is the other end?....good looking air filter set,

Quote Originally Posted by pet View Post
    what is the see truu pipe? where is the other end?....good looking air filter set,
    that clear tubing is the crankase vent hose coming from the crankase vent. on the 2004 GTX SC models it`s up front next to the T.O.P.S. valve. it is only temporary so I can see the YAK blowing-by...PR...

Hey ...thanks great post...just bought one off Ebay. I heading down that road. I going to install the same airfilter, 2.5 degree pump wedge. solars 12/20 and intake grate and see what happens. Oh and...change the ECU to a RXP ecu. I hope to see some gain on my old (130hrs) 03 GTX SC (limited).

Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    Hey ...thanks great post...just bought one off Ebay. I heading down that road. I going to install the same airfilter, 2.5 degree pump wedge. solars 12/20 and intake grate and see what happens. Oh and...change the ECU to a RXP ecu. I hope to see some gain on my old (130hrs) 03 GTX SC (limited).
    cool, but you`ll need more mods to support the RXP ecu...PR...

i was going to put a flo-rite on mine by the filter help get some cool air in the filter ,

I saw a couple other post (one by jerry) saying they had put a RXP ecu and gained a couple of mph (top end) with out any mods. But I am planning on adding the higher presure fuel pump if the performance does not pan out or switch back to a stock ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    I saw a couple other post (one by jerry) saying they had put a RXP ecu and gained a couple of mph (top end) with out any mods. But I am planning on adding the higher presure fuel pump if the performance does not pan out or switch back to a stock ECU.
    yes, this is true, Jerry ran the ECU a short period just to see if it would work. That led the way to some of us GTX`ers to match the correct components to get maximum benefit from that mod...
    the RXP/RXT ecu is mapped and has range/values for more boost, more fuel, timing etc, so you almost have to mimmick the RXP and RXT with same parts. Some people even have changed the SC drive gears to get the SC speeds equal to the RXP/RXT. The only hurdle is the 185 HP 4-tecs have cast pistons. everything else the same, cam, head etc.
    so if you stay to the side of caution, instead of changing gear drives, install a riva sc wheel (1st generation) to make boost a little more efficient, add an external IC or a RXP intake and stock IC, plus the fuel pressure reg and you`l def notice some seat -o-the pants acceleration and top end...PR...

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    You are sucking up really hot air Andy....Why dont you extend it all the way to the front?

And by the way that is one damn clean inside hull!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT View Post
    You are sucking up really hot air Andy....Why dont you extend it all the way to the front?

And by the way that is one damn clean inside hull!
    Don`t forget the hull vent under the seat G!. I had this lying around so it`s worth a test atleast!...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information