fuel carb prime?

Just put a new baffle fuel sender on a 95 SPi...is there some way to prime to get gas to the carb? Thanks.

HELP!

Ok guys, I put a new fuel sender on my 95 SPi yesterday. Everything hose wise is where it is supposed to be thanks to some help from on here...now...won't start. Got turnover, got spark...gas just isn't getting from the tank to the carb/motor...is there a way to prime it or something I am not doing? Any help would be appreciated this being Friday...would like to be riding the little jumper tomorrow.
    Thanks.

Sure...

Quote Originally Posted by PhilnEdee View Post
    Ok guys, I put a new fuel sender on my 95 SPi yesterday. Everything hose wise is where it is supposed to be thanks to some help from on here...now...won't start. Got turnover, got spark...gas just isn't getting from the tank to the carb/motor...is there a way to prime it or something I am not doing? Any help would be appreciated this being Friday...would like to be riding the little jumper tomorrow.
    Thanks.
    Pour just a little gas in each sparkplug hole...then fire it up...

Jug Inspector
    It's easier and better if you pour it into the carbs. Get a squirt-bottle. If you wrench, you need one just for this purpose.

It's a bit of cranking to get it up so it's easiest just to start it this way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilnEdee View Post
    Just put a new baffle fuel sender on a 95 SPi...is there some way to prime to get gas to the carb? Thanks.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ht=primer+bulb

Thanks guys, I will try this in the am, I was worried about the dry starting and decided to give in Was 104 degrees here today...worked till 5 got off came home, put trunks on...came a dang tornado T-storm. Funny thing was ...0% chance of rain today and this weekend. Rain about a foot, my pool is overflowing we got so much rain...trees down everywhere...on a good note, guy that work with me wanted a jet ski, I won a 2001 Sea-doo GS on ebay for $1950 and he picked it up today, looks/runs good.
    Thanks again for the help, I will try it asap...on the primer idea..do you leave it hooked up all the time or just when you do this sort of thing?
    I rebuilt this carb in June, I assume fule stayed in the nlines, thus I didn't have this problem when I put them back on the carb...now that little spring on the oil pump..that gave me some fits!

Success

Figured it out, didn't have the fuel baffle air tight on the tank...got that, put some juice in the carbs...good to go, thanks for the help.

Thread Information