Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar

Home ownership = no ski

Well i hate to admit it but i think this whole thing has finally got the best of me. Some of you may already know my situation and some of you may not. Bottom line is, I bought my house almost a month ago and i'm almost ready to sell the GTX. It almost brings me to tears to think of all the fun i'm going to miss but the fact is i've already burned all the money i had saved up for mods and repairs and i haven't even made my first house payment. I miss being on the forum a lot and when i get a chance to read up it amazes me to see the advancesments in such a short time and all the new members. There comes a time in everyone's life where sacrifices need to be made in order to better ones life and i've come to that point. I'll be around the forum more often once i finish up the house, move in, and get settled down. In the mean time i wish the rest of you the best of luck with your projects and hopefully down the road a bit i'll be able to afford another ski so i can once again join the search for speed.
    Josh

Josh im sorry to hear u have to sell the ski. i know u were looking to mod the heck out of that thing but sometimes u have to make sacrifices and selling the ski is one of them. good luck with your house and im sure there will be a time when u can buy another ski.

it's never too late..bought my first and only ski last year at the young age of 41...got the house and car first..and guess what....it's just as much fun now as it would have been at a younger age....but it's nice to come home to your own house, so i wish you the best of luck...the ski's will still be around when you're ready and able to get one again

+1
    Good luck with everything a house is a investment, Seadoos are toys. That house is going to make u some money. Dont worry in no time u will have another one. Who knows next year u may refi. or Take out a line of credit and make that house pay for ur ski. Anyway good luck .

Adam bomb

Sorry to hear that man. But your making the right choice. House and Bills come first.

Just keep your dream of having one alive, and when you can, buy another. You'll still enjoy it.

In 2 years we can refi this garbage ass 12.7 rate down to 6.9%. Not having perfect credit and no rental history = 12.7 apr and a $2000 a month house payment. I do look forward to better days.

+1
    Dude dont worrie. Just be happy u own. Good luck with everything.

Adam Bomb

Look at it this way, SeaDoos will be much faster in the future than they are now. Plus the first few months are the roughest, so hang in the there Josh.
    Wavehummer and AdamBomb are right on target, I bought my first skis at 41 and used home equity to buy them. Most fun I've had in a long time!
    Chin up and good luck with the house!

I know I've personally asked you this before... but why the rush to buy a house if you are going to get such a garbage rate? Rent for a few years at a small 1 bedroom apartment to save up money, and then you'll be able to afford something much nicer. Where I was raised, it's not uncommon for people to buy a house until they're 30-40 years old.

I know it seems a bit foolish rocket but we just went ahead and bit the bullet. Housing where i live is ridiculous. We looked into renting an apartment but the rent was almost as much as a house payment. We paid $226,900 for our house and it's a small 3 bedroom, 1 bath. Our neighbors said they paid $119k for their house in 98 and now it's worth $340k. Thats just the kind of area i live in. Just like ADAMBOMB said i'll have to make this house pay for my ski.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information