+1

For those thikning about a modded GPR ride plate

What a difference....My Jims FF plate has been on all season. I put the stock ride plate back on my GPR (12r) to do some Lake Mi riding and decided to keep it on to see how it would run in flat water.

The FF plate was 5.1 mph faster on a back to back test. The only time that elapsed was the switch over (15 minutes). I MAYBE could of picked up .5-1 mph with the stock plate if I removed the washers from the trim tabs but I like the planted feel of .100 under the tabs.

I have previously used the FF plate on Lake Mi in 1-4 footers the stock and FF plate had very little difference when the rear of the FF plate was dropped down .150 (get longer bolts).

Needless to say after all the $$$ I have thrown @ this thing the ride plate was the best purchase.

thats my next mod for sure.... i bet thats why i havent hit 70 yet..

when they were comparable in the chop was the ff plate angled enough to still yeild 5.1mph??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    thats my next mod for sure.... i bet thats why i havent hit 70 yet..

when they were comparable in the chop was the ff plate angled enough to still yeild 5.1mph??
    my ff with centre worked as well is mega in the chop

feels planted and gives confidence to keep the gas pinned, ive swapped back when the going get real rough to compare and the ff is put straight back on its a keeper for me...

RHD.. you got to get one

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    What a difference....My Jims FF plate has been on all season. I put the stock ride plate back on my GPR (12r) to do some Lake Mi riding and decided to keep it on to see how it would run in flat water.

The FF plate was 5.1 mph faster on a back to back test. The only time that elapsed was the switch over (15 minutes). I MAYBE could of picked up .5-1 mph with the stock plate if I removed the washers from the trim tabs but I like the planted feel of .100 under the tabs.

I have previously used the FF plate on Lake Mi in 1-4 footers the stock and FF plate had very little difference when the rear of the FF plate was dropped down .150 (get longer bolts).

Needless to say after all the $$$ I have thrown @ this thing the ride plate was the best purchase.
    Great news to hear!!! I have an 07 and just yesterday put on a r&d ride plate that i sanded, polished, and blended level the pump shoe which i also sanded and polished.. I also added the pump seal kit but left the ride plate as is because i am ordering a FF plate from Jim next week.. I last ran 65.3 mph with 3/4 tanks of fuel with stock ski and not sure if the grate being polished and pump shoe that i will gain any speed but i would like to see Jims plate get me over the 70mph mark... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    my ff with centre worked as well is mega in the chop

feels planted and gives confidence to keep the gas pinned, ive swapped back when the going get real rough to compare and the ff is put straight back on its a keeper for me...

RHD.. you got to get one
    as long as its still good in the chop......i wanna get one for speed but we ride in chop all the time... im thinkin angled with a couple washers in the back , that should raise my speed and still be good in the chop right??

+1
    as long as its still good in the chop......i wanna get one for speed but we ride in chop all the time... im thinkin angled with a couple washers in the back , that should raise my speed and still be good in the chop right??
    as long as jim does the centre section mod it will handle in the chop and with your speed angle too, without putting extra in at the rear.
    if it was no good in the chop i would not run one off the coast of the uk,its no tropical paradise here MEGA CHOP CITY.

+1
    Everytime I am in weekend chop/slop I just throw a couple of washers in the back of the plate. It takes all of 5 minutes and is a great compromise between speed and handling.

Thread Information