Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Lets Make Kawasaki Fix Our Skis!

It seems that we are all having the same problems with our skis and its time we all stand up and be heard by Kawasaki if we all band together and demand that Kawasaki fix our skis. We can make this happen! Whos with me?

I have two ultra 250s and both of them have all of the same problems this is my list same as everyones....

All 4 plugs on both ski fouled at 25 hours!!-- Guys these are double platnium plugs that should last waaaayyy longer then 25 hours and at $30 each from the dealer thats $4.80 a hour for plugs. Kawi thinks its ok that we have to buy new plugs every 25 hours I dont.. and my dealer would not warranty them said its a "wear" item not covered.

Gas in oil
    I have 45 hours on my ski and my oil is black and smells like gas after only 10 hours.... Oil is expensive and we should not have to change it every 10 hours could you imagin what the oil would look like if we changed it per Kawasakis recomendation of 50 hours? Its not ok with me that my oil is over filled and I loose proformance if I fill the oil to the factory fill line..
    we all have oil in our intercoolers and my oil level rises due to the gas that is being dumped in and that causes a ovefill that dumps junk into my super charger and intercooler that fouls my plugs and drops rpms!!

Lets make our dealers fix our skis! and Call Kawasaki if they dont

For customer or product-related questions or comments, please contact our Consumer Services Department by telephone at 949-460-5688, or by mail at:
    Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
    PO Box 25252
    Santa Ana, CA 92799-5252

Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30-4:45 PDT .
    Please have Hull or Vehicle Identification Number available when calling.
    For business-related inquiries, please contact our Corporate Office at (949) 770-0400.
    Last edited by jasonbedell; 08-17-2007 at 11:57 AM.

The question is how do we do that properly. I would suggest an unmolested straight thread, where we keep it straightforward without comments, strictly a few key things, like ski serial #, hours at which plugs failed, and how many times they've failed. each of us post that info without long dissertations or comments, kind of like a petition, simple serial # and key pertinent info, the exact same format in each post. Also limit it to the two important items, plugs and solution to oil level. Do not dilute with laundry lists, just the key ones we are struggling with every day.

I think if we had thread kept simple, we could forward, fax, email, a thread link to Kawasaki by one person, showing how many people have the problem, and the fact that we're very dissatisfied, could net some results.

With the upcoming competition, Kawi should take action, they don't need negative press...
    Last edited by efizjb; 08-17-2007 at 12:06 PM.

I Spoke With Kawasaki Today.. In My Case I Came Up With 2-1/2 Qts High In My Oil.. With An Oil Gas Mix. I Have 45 Hours On My Ski... ( They Said Its Most Likely The Rings Not Setting In As Of Yet.. )

The Best Thing We Can Do Is Call In And Get A Case Number The Person We Speak Withs Name And Phone # Ext. This Will Help Get The Ball Rolling..

Every Take Your Owners Manuel And Start Follow It To The Letter.. Oil Changes Etc. . And Get It Documented At Your Dealer.

Good Luck With Every One.. And Lets Hope They Do The Right Thing... Ie. Extended Warrentys Etc... Replace Plugs Etc Etc....

count me in..when is the "magic" ring set number?...45 hrs on a ski and rings not set is bs..meanwhile back at the ranch your internals of your motor are going to shait..if "everyone" calls 5 times a day everyday..they will get tired of it..squeeky wheel gets the grease..

+1

good luck

good luck, been there done that all of it, tim and mark at kawi custm service suck, rick the supervisor, is not much help. they have not done anything for me. i have had more problems than anyone (feels like it anyway)

Moderators?????

Quote Originally Posted by efizjb View Post
    The question is how do we do that properly. I would suggest an unmolested straight thread, where we keep it straightforward without comments, strictly a few key things, like ski serial #, hours at which plugs failed, and how many times they've failed. each of us post that info without long dissertations or comments, kind of like a petition, simple serial # and key pertinent info, the exact same format in each post. Also limit it to the two important items, plugs and solution to oil level. Do not dilute with laundry lists, just the key ones we are struggling with every day.

I think if we had thread kept simple, we could forward, fax, email, a thread link to Kawasaki by one person, showing how many people have the problem, and the fact that we're very dissatisfied, could net some results.

With the upcoming competition, Kawi should take action, they don't need negative press...
    I agree with efizjb, one of the big moderators on this forum needs to start a restricted thread that only allows specific posts pertaining to the perspective problems. Then everyone could copy and print it and have that as a petition and documentation for Kawasaki

+1
    We arnt going to use the forum for any legal issues. You want todo that more power to you. Use private messages and email. I feel for you guys but this is a performance forum. Not a lets get together and force a manufacturer to fix our skis forum. Sorry but thats just the way it is.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEBEE View Post
    I agree with efizjb, one of the big moderators on this forum needs to start a restricted thread that only allows specific posts pertaining to the perspective problems. Then everyone could copy and print it and have that as a petition and documentation for Kawasaki
    That will not happen here on this forum. If you have any issues, please take them up with your local dealer to resolve. This forum will not support that type of activity/conversation/behavior.

Just an fyi, the engine oil doesnt circulate through the supercharger. As of yet I havent had any of the problems you guys have had but if/when I do I too will scream bloody murder. Best thing I can recommend is get the extended warranty.

I think it is a proformance issue and we are discussing how to get them fixed. we can move it to the general kawasaki fourm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information