Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Banned User
    +1
    Gonna take a stab that its a broken water regulator...

Unhappy 2001 RXDI with noticable loss of RPM's at top end.

I am having issues with the RPM's reaching 6800+ rpm as expected with my 2001 RXDI Seadoo. As mentioned by another thread member, I have no issues until I hit 2/3 throttle and the Doo seems to peak at 6100 rpm. Extending through to the throttle limit has no aditional gain in throttle or RPM's. I do know the limiter stops at 7200 rpm per factory specs. Is this a valve issue or TPS issue? Something else? The wear ring and pump have been thoroughly inspected with no adverse wear and less than 1/16" of tollerance between the impeller and ring. Pump oil was changed as well at this time. Plugs are brand new. It did run great the first of this season (February) and seemed to "Magically" slow down.

2001 RXDI Spec Sheet for reference

http://www.sea-doo.net/Specification...PROCEDURES.pdf

http://www.sea-doo.net/Specification...TING-CHART.pdf

I'm still researching and hoping for some other Doo Riders input. Thanks Gang!!

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Danny has an excellent possibility to check.

If the WRV fails it will kill max rpms, and make the boat take on water.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-Chris View Post
    I am having issues with the RPM's reaching 6800+ rpm as expected with my 2001 RXDI Seadoo. As mentioned by another thread member, I have no issues until I hit 2/3 throttle and the Doo seems to peak at 6100 rpm. Extending through to the throttle limit has no aditional gain in throttle or RPM's. I do know the limiter stops at 7200 rpm per factory specs. Is this a valve issue or TPS issue? Something else? The wear ring and pump have been thoroughly inspected with no adverse wear and less than 1/16" of tollerance between the impeller and ring. Pump oil was changed as well at this time. Plugs are brand new. It did run great the first of this season (February) and seemed to "Magically" slow down.
    Please start your own thread regarding your ski. The poor guy makes one post and gets hijacked...

Also please do a search and check all previous posts on DI's. They seem to always be giving problems lately...I'm glad I never bought one.

And...welcome to the board both of you!
    Last edited by 96XPSS; 04-17-2008 at 06:36 AM.

rflores and I are having similar issues so I was not hijacking just attempting to get both of our issues resolved at the same time. My ski is not taking on water.

I can shed some light on your issues.. Have the power valves checked out as they are probably dirty, damaged, or not functioning. My 2001 RXDI was having similar issues and after a rebuild and cleaning is running great. Also make sure you are running low ash synthetic SEADOO oil in your rig as this helps to keep the valves cleaner and less carbon deposits.

Good luck!!

Check the small line that runs from RAVE solonoid to the Air Compressor.

+1
    How much water was in it. Did any get in the engine? Did it start rite up or hard to start at first? If it got water in the engine there is a good chance you have a broken reed petal. If it did not injest any water I would check power valves and water valve as mentioned above but I would also check fuel pressure as these are known for fuel pump failures. Just a couple psi drop will cause these same issues.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information