Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Police

Police

After reading PR's post on being stopped by the CG I remembered I wanted to ask a general question to the majorities...

How is the police prescence in the water's where you ride???

The reason I ask is here in Rochester NY I lauch/ride on a bay with a sheriff's dept here with a 25' dingy with twin 250's and two GTI's.... they have a bad attitude and love to f**k with jet ski's, actually never seen them pull over a boat. The loacal speed limit is 25 mph and I have been pulled over for doing 26 mph!!!! They are a bunch of dickheads and the funny thing is they are part time employees of the dept. I have been "boarded" by these jokes 6 times this summer to ensure I have my flag/rope/whistle/reg/saftey certificate.

Lake Ontario has no speed limit unless you are within 200 feet of shore but that isn't really where I tend to ride anyways....

So let's hear it... you guys have heavy police in your area and does anyone else get hassled???

Webster Lake, Webster MA
    Usually a strong presence on weekends. They also try to provide safety inspections.
    I have never had any problems with them. Extremely friendly and project an image they are there to ensure safety and help educate boaters.

Lake Winnie, NH
    too expensive for me. I have gotten two tickets up there. One I was slowing down to signal my friend. As he was slowing and approaching we broke the 150 foot law.
    Second one I didn't even know the person and they came up behind me. Next thing I heard pull up along side please.

Scott

+1
    we have a heavy presents of the law but we get more shit the boat owners over speed. They dont understand if we do 8 notts the wake is more than doing say 20-30 notts.Some times in the no limit zone they go made some of the guys i ride with have had flares shot at them and people wonder why fights break out on the launchs and beaches

Anyone rididng on the delaware in PHILA NJ DEL.. Is welcome to use my name with Phila Police and or USCG I did 9 years in the coast guard and I know a lot of the guys on the delaware ...

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZEDRXP View Post
    Anyone rididng on the delaware in PHILA NJ DEL.. Is welcome to use my name with Phila Police and or USCG I did 9 years in the coast guard and I know a lot of the guys on the delaware ...
    you could have helped me when I got boarded yesterday!...PR...

+1
    never been stopped, never seen them in the water....game wardens either. See the CG all the time in the air, but I ride the bayou and small, narrow tributaries as well as intracoastal and industrial canals.Come up behind a shrimp trawler pushing 2-footers...jump the last 1 wot No cops of any kind unless holiday or other problems....people here police the place themselves. If u see police or CG here, someone called them. My 04 rxp has never had a sticker or reg. #s on it......Never stopped. The land-police are a different story altogether I would have better luck talking my way out of a dwi b4 They would let me slide for smokin' tires @ 65-75mph on totally emty road (only for testing u understand ) I TRY to keep it down to the 5mph above rule

Lake Guntersville...Alabama...the presence here has really died off...used to be too many out there, you'd see one at every dock...I remember getting "checked" like 4 times in one day back in 96 or so, now we hardly ever see one, but they have always been really nice and even helpful...they tend to do alot more warning than ticketing...funding must've gotten cut as I don't even recall seeing any out this summer...BTW...water temp here today was 92 air temp in the 100-103 range again- so any of you in the area or down this way chat us up and we'll go ride.

+1
    They were heavy in the cove where I drop off, today. I am glad I did not get boarded because some of them would have sunk my SeaDoo, fat a$$es.

+1
    They are on the river almost every weekend. First time I saw him, I stopped, and went to his boat. Introduced myself, showed him my Cert card, and safety stuff. He's a really nice guy. He knows who my friends that ride with me are, and that they have taken the course, so he has never stopped them. Everytime I see him, I make it a point to stop and say hi. I know from him telling me, that he has stopped every ski on the river, to make sure they have all taken their safety class, but once he stops you once, unless you deserve it, he won't do any BS stops.

I've been stopped 4 times on the Hudson this year, three in one day (State Police, Alb County Sherriff, Albany PD). Once up on Sacandaga (Sherriff). All were for safety cert. checks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information