Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

contact polaris asap!!!!!!!!!!

hello everyone.
    I would just like to let everyone know whats happening in my area the jersey shore, all the polaris dealers are refusing to work on polaris watercrafts because of parts being hard to get, and to contact polaris for your service center near you, i have been dealing with atlantic powersports in brick, nj for many years " Jay one heck of a nice guy and knows his stuff too" they are no longer servicing polaris watercrafts i contacted motion enterprises in egg harbor and got they same story, i think we all need to contact polaris and let them know how they are giving us the shaft!!!!! maybe they will change there policy, or let see if we can start a class action lawsuit against polaris for not providing support for there product.

1-800-POLARIS.
    http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-...merService.htm

99 genesis
    01 genesis di

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1

law suit???

Is anybody still under any type of warrenty from polaris??
    If so the a law suit has a tiny chance..
    but as far a working on "older stuff" out of warrenty nothing much can be done to "WAKE UP "polaris
    Hell if they wanted to they could buy/take all parts back,
    and just stick there tounge out (at us) for not buying enough "units"
    just my worthless 2 cents
    mattman

the victory motorcycles are to blame for that , not buying enough units

Jug Inspector
    I thought there was a law that companies had to continue to produce replacement parts for 7 years after date of mfr.

I also heard that companies get around that by just putting stuff on "back-order" for 2-3 years.

+1
    Parts are not hard to get...the companies are just making excuses because they just don't want to deal with watercraft anymore. You can still get just about anything from Polaris except for some very minor cosmetic stuff like decals. About the only non cosmetic stuff you can't get is MFD's in some cases.

Keep in mind that Polaris dealers are privately owned so they can do pretty much what they want when it comes to servicing rec. vehicles, atleast within reason if they don't want to lose the Polaris name. Polaris isn't going to do much about the issue as there are other avenues to fixing watercraft.
    Last edited by 32DegH2O; 08-19-2007 at 07:23 PM.

if parts are still easy to get then why are the 2 polaris dealers in my area "Atlantic powersports and motion enterprises" telling me the same story about parts, and telling customers that they are not servicing polaris watercrafts anymore,

What brand of, PWC's are these dealers selling now? Maybe they are hoping that you will just give up and buy a new ski! I've noticed that my former Polaris (now Seadoo) dealer is now suddenly worthless to me. Thank goodness for this site and ebay.

The good thing is that I've learned more about working on these old skis than I ever would have dreamed of. The best part is that I love it!

Maybe if you want all the loving, huggy, kissy-kissy, hand-holding dealer suck-up treatment, it may be time to move on to another brand. If you really like a challenge and appreciate these old rides, it can be worth it.

+1
    Yeah, unfortunately the dealers can do whatever they like. Once the watercraft line was dropped, the dealer was esentially no longer a polaris dealer for watercraft. In that case they don't even have to deal with warranty any longer. That part of it is left up to Polaris Industries, not the service center.

It's only a matter of time before we're all screwed. Basically it comes down to if you own a polaris, you better be able to fix it. Just like Tigershark, you won't find anywhere that will want to work on those piles!

+1
    You have to understand that there is NO money in the PWC market where Polaris is concerned. The dealers are required to pay just so they can have the opportunity to say they are a service center, trust me, it's not worth it when they can sell and service another product.
    Atlantic has been around a long time and have always done a killer job. But why should they keep supplying parts, advise and service when cheap ass-wipes do nothing but complain about their pricing (I'm certainly not talking about you UPS man).
    I wouldn't of even signed up for the 07 year but Atlantic has always had a love for the Polaris Product, that love it appears is going away.

Good for you guys Jay, no reason to deal with the CRAP when it's not appreciated.
    A real bummer for those that need your services and assistance.

www.springbreak-florida.com rgard32's Avatar
    Then i would DEFINITELY take them off the PREFERRED polaris vendor list on greenhulk

www.partsland.com would be an excellent replacement...so would www.atlanticjetsports.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information