Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: coolant adder?

+1

coolant adder?

Has anyone ever tried "Water Wetter" or coolant addative that is used to keep engine's cooler?

Re: coolant adder?

Hey Dan.. Don't waste your money on that.. Simply add more distilled water in place of anti-freeze to help the engine to run ccoler.

I am currently running a 70-30 mixture of water/AF mix and there is still adequate aluminum protection and a nice reduction in operating temps.

Brian
    BT Tech

Quote Originally Posted by JD 1
    Has anyone ever tried "Water Wetter" or coolant addative that is used to keep engine's cooler?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    funny you should ask Dan....i'll be running strictly water-wetter and water in my ski this year... no more antifreeze for me. only thing need to stay concious of is cold temps in the winter, bc water and water wetter will freeze if not climate controlled. anyone that i know that has used it says it works, no gimick, so what the heck, i got nuttin to lose

i know many of the SVT owners with cobras and lightnings really speak highly of it on their svt forums

however, my buddy Vic (vman) informed me of another substitute that is very very advantagous at keeping cooler temps, and still maintains the protective properties of antifreeze, i forget what it's called. maybe he'll see this thead... i'll call him tomorrow and tell him to get on this topic and tell us what he found out

+1
    Here is the link, somebody mentioned Evan's not too long ago on another thread also- don't remember who though:

http://www.evanscooling.com/main1.htm

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    Evans coolant...

Water wetter is good stuff. It does exactly what it says it does...

I may be running a different mix once I see some summertime results with what I have now. I just installed the Riva thermo and put 50/50 back in to see where I'm at for back to back purposes...

If I start seeing heat fade significantly this summer I'll start with 60/40 or 70/30 and then possibly make my way to the Evans stuff..

http://www.evanscooling.com/news/npgR.htm

Edit - Vman beat me to it...I think it was 1 fast VE

+1
    Too Funny....I just ordered a couple of bottles of that last night...and I was going to start a thread asking the same thing!!! They claim your coolant will run "up to 20" degrees cooler......Does it make a diff,or is it just snake oil??

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    Never tried the Evans coolant but I know from fact the water wetter works...

I run it in my Lightning and see my engine temps drop significantly during the summer at the track. Even hot lapping I see nowhere near as much heat fade as i did on standard 50/50 or even 60/40 antifreeze...

Don't run the Evan's coolant. It has a lower co-efficent of heat transfer than 50/50 water and glycol and way worse than just water. Thus your engine will actually run hotter with it.
    Evans actually only recommends it be used in cars with massive cooling systems, ( old cars with big rads, not todays cars) not compact systems.

Water wetter on the other hand is good, but you don't need bottles and bottles of it, just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    funny you should ask Dan....i'll be running strictly water-wetter and water in my ski this year... no more antifreeze for me. only thing need to stay concious of is cold temps in the winter, bc water and water wetter will freeze if not climate controlled. anyone that i know that has used it says it works, no gimick, so what the heck, i got nuttin to lose

i know many of the SVT owners with cobras and lightnings really speak highly of it on their svt forums

however, my buddy Vic (vman) informed me of another substitute that is very very advantagous at keeping cooler temps, and still maintains the protective properties of antifreeze, i forget what it's called. maybe he'll see this thead... i'll call him tomorrow and tell him to get on this topic and tell us what he found out
    Yup, I run 70 water/30 water wetter in my s/c intercooler on my L...dropped the intake temps down 25* from the stock mixture of 50/50. Of course that is untill about november and then I have to change it out to 60/40 anitfreeze and distilled....

Think 60antifrees 20 water wetter/ 20 distilled would be good all year round ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information