Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GTX performance suggestions

Ok guys n gals...I now have all my skis running very nicely...the 99 GTX RFI is running about 60-62...what are some cheap mods that I can put on to help the mph climb some-all suggestions appreciated.

Same for my 99 Kawasaki 900STX...both of these are bone stock-a BIG THANKS in advance!!!

I honestly don't know if there are a whole lot of mods out there for those. I have found a little extra speed though using a Wetwolf AAT, you might want to give that a try, along with small things like filling in the rideplate hoples and such.

AAT...trim system?

+1
    not much modding you can do with the gtx-rfi. speedo may read 60, but actual gps is around 52 (sorry but it's true). sit back and enjoy the fuel economy. AAT may work, but you already have a great pump/impellor combo in the stock set-up. you could try a pump wedge, may gain you 1 mph.

edit: AAT = adjust a thrust, not a trim system, but an adjustable pump cone to improve holeshot and top end. results on some skiis are better than others. it definately doesn't hurt performance.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    not much modding you can do with the gtx-rfi. speedo may read 60, but actual gps is around 52 (sorry but it's true). sit back and enjoy the fuel economy. AAT may work, but you already have a great pump/impellor combo in the stock set-up. you could try a pump wedge, may gain you 1 mph.

edit: AAT = adjust a thrust, not a trim system, but an adjustable pump cone to improve holeshot and top end. results on some skiis are better than others. it definately doesn't hurt performance.

We GPS'd this one at 62 on 3 different runs...but it only hits 63 then right back to 62..it begins to pull away from my 900STX in the 53-55 range. The holeshot on it is very stout already, was looking for some more on top. The engine was rebuilt by my brother-in law and me (I was there to learn and help with the lifting and the "small hands in tight places") at about 165hrs, now has 182.
    Thanks for the info on the AAT...is that costly? Possible to pick up on ebay?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilnEdee View Post
    We GPS'd this one at 62 on 3 different runs...but it only hits 63 then right back to 62..it begins to pull away from my 900STX in the 53-55 range. The holeshot on it is very stout already, was looking for some more on top. The engine was rebuilt by my brother-in law and me (I was there to learn and help with the lifting and the "small hands in tight places") at about 165hrs, now has 182.
    Thanks for the info on the AAT...is that costly? Possible to pick up on ebay?
    Sorry, but Jay is right. A stock XP goes 56-58...there is no way a RFI 800 engine in a GTX hull is going to go 62! GPS passes need to be done in a straight line, with no turning at the end of the run. It will spike. Also make them back to back running both ways to eliminate current.

1999 GTX Ltd. "Doo Knots" Doo-Knots's Avatar

'99 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    Sorry, but Jay is right. A stock XP goes 56-58...there is no way a RFI 800 engine in a GTX hull is going to go 62! GPS passes need to be done in a straight line, with no turning at the end of the run. It will spike. Also make them back to back running both ways to eliminate current.
    NewB Doo here,
    What are the significant diferences in a '99 GTX - RFI & GTX Ltd. if any?

+1
    gtx-rfi has the 800 fuel injected engine, the gtx-ltd has the 951 carbed engine in it. they have the same hull.

1999 GTX Ltd. "Doo Knots" Doo-Knots's Avatar

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    gtx-rfi has the 800 fuel injected engine, the gtx-ltd has the 951 carbed engine in it. they have the same hull.
    Thanks

+1
    You won't find any sea5 AATs on ebay. we just came out with that model this year and have only sold about 2 dozen. I am pretty sure they are all still on boats. More info at www.wetwolf.com/sea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information