Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Superman!!!

+1

Superman!!!

Well guys,i installed an R&D top loader and pump seal kit on my new ski yesterday:first mod!! I wet sanded and polished it and while i was there i did the same to the pumpshoe,looks good but not sure how much it helps..I also notched out the bolt holes on the grate so i could move it further back to match up with the ride shoe,anywho:it blast through the chop and is a lot better out of the hole.. I am now going to work on the top side stability because when i try to superman this thing in a 4in chop and get above 60mph i am busting the nads!!! I had this problem before and it is fine in calm water so now i through 0.065 washers under each bolt on the trim tabs to see if that might help,if not i will prob stepp the sponsons... thanks

+1
    hey man i was rockin side to side when i put my ride plate on so i stepped my sponsons and it doesn't do it anymore. glad to hear u put ur stuff on. i got the ride plate, pump plug kit, and an intake grate and i ran 67.4. hope u get a good speed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Altezza01 View Post
    hey man i was rockin side to side when i put my ride plate on so i stepped my sponsons and it doesn't do it anymore. glad to hear u put ur stuff on. i got the ride plate, pump plug kit, and an intake grate and i ran 67.4. hope u get a good speed.
    I stepped mine before but thought it hurt my top end so i moved them back but now i porpoise like crazy.. I didn't get to run it top side with them stepped but now i will.. I like the intake grate and seal kit but ready for a ride plate from jim... Thanks

+1
    when i get the money mine will be shipped out. also a 3 way key is in line.

+1
    when i get the money mine will be shipped out. also a 3 way key is in line.
    Cool !!!! Chip mentioned something to me about that today but i guess it takes some time installing it,pain!!! You thought any about D-Plate our flames arrestor??

+1
    yea i thought about it but after reading other peoples threads quite a few people are having problems with it. they say the warning buzzer keeps on coming on and you have to push the reset button to turn it off. to me thats gonna get on my nerves. i've been looking for a past thread that one member tested with different part to see what benefits the best. if i find it i'll post the link. but i know for a fact that he gained about 1.5mph on trim tabs. he does like three runs to get the most accurate speed. also i'm not sure what u want to do with ur ski, but i know on my ski i don't want to go into the engine. i want to go as fast as possible with just bolt ons. charles (sleepless) had a gpr with all the bolt ons and he said he went 78. so i'm gonna see what i can do.
    Last edited by Altezza01; 08-20-2007 at 11:33 AM.

Jessie I believ in cooler air & smoother water your ski can pull a 70 or really close as is. My gpr had everything done EXCEPT head & porting stock 1300 went 78 @7150-7200{DF14/20} the bb & head gave me a solid 5.5 and up to 6 mph{DF14/23.5}@7310-7360....

+1
    yea i thought about it but after reading other peoples threads quite a few people are having problems with it. they say the warning buzzer keeps on coming on and you have to push the reset button to turn it off. to me thats gonna get on my nerves. i've been looking for a past thread that one member tested with different part to see what benefits the best. if i find it i'll post the link. but i know for a fact that he gained about 1.5mph on trim tabs. he does like three runs to get the most accurate speed. also i'm not sure what u want to do with ur ski, but i know on my ski i don't want to go into the engine. i want to go as fast as possible with just bolt ons. charles (sleepless) had a gpr with all the bolt ons and he said he went 78. so i'm gonna see what i can do.
    Well, i was thinking of a tripple pipe but now thinking on porting and head work for the spring time... I hear the pipe can be a pain in many ways...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessnMS View Post
    Jessie I believ in cooler air & smoother water your ski can pull a 70 or really close as is. My gpr had everything done EXCEPT head & porting stock 1300 went 78 @7150-7200{DF14/20} the bb & head gave me a solid 5.5 and up to 6 mph{DF14/23.5}@7310-7360....
    Do you mind me asking if you had a tripple pipe on with your 78mph run???
    Thanks

+1
    charles is the guy to ask. he knows what he's doing. he also has a rxp that will tear up some water. he has some fast skis and a very good rider as well...he has my respect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information