Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

metal chips in my oil filter

How bad is this? Had a washer blow and been hearing a grinding noise at wot and when I let off. Ski is at full speed and runs great though. No i havent cleaned the pumps but isn't there a screen before the pump?

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsecleaning View Post
    How bad is this? Had a washer blow and been hearing a grinding noise at wot and when I let off. Ski is at full speed and runs great though. No i havent cleaned the pumps but isn't there a screen before the pump?
    If you washer when bad before you front or rear oil pump have internal damage or or your bolt from the fly wheel are loose

+1
    u mean all the debris still in motor? stop riding......u think its a grinding noise......think about it like this....tick..tick....tick...BOOM! I ain't tryin' to pop your balloon, but don't believe everything u hear, the broken ceramica have to come out, u will eat the pumps 1st, then the crank bearings next, u will eventually sieze the crank or ventilate the block w/ a rod. Jerry has pics of a motor w/ 5 hours running time w/ bad ceramics, none of the pump parts are usable in the pics and there is surely ceramic particles embedded into the bearings for the crank and balance shaft.No matter what it will cost now, it WILL be more later.But don't let me or any 1 forum member convince u...........talk to EVERYONE......(and then take it apart )

if i clean both pumps will that fix the problem?

+1
    How many hours since the ceramics went? u want to get them out b4 they grind up the ceramics to dust and send it to the bearings w/ the oil. I would pull the pumps and see what u find......would be nice to see all of them in large pieces sitting in the pto cover, but I think u might have to catch it right away to be that lucky. As I understand it, warranty does not pay that well for the job and all they do is clean or replace pump parts as needed when they fail, who knows how long they last then and I sure don't think they care cause they put ceramis back in! When the new skis hit the water w/ steel washers, I wonder if the service procedure (as it pertains to ceramics) will change on the current units...

I had on ceramic blow about 4 hours ago and replaced um both with with metal. the noise stared as soon as the washer blew. sounds like it coming from front of engine. I have full oil preasure. My dealer said that the washers get stoped by a screan before they hit the pumps so that couldent be the noise.

+1
    there is a screen there, does it do the job.....no....Jerry has a post w/ a 5hr motor w/ loose ceramics, do a search and check the pics. The dealer gets paid a flat rate to change the ceramics, I am sure that hoping the screen catches it(or saying it will) works for them but it will never work for me and if u research this u will see the light.....another enlightened brother.....if the dealer won't fix, and u can't, find a compentent forum member near u and get the pizza, beer, whatever and make it happen.

An explosion of immense proportion is imminent.

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    That's a good point you make.

eclipse: we`ve talked about this before and the importance of a good shop/tech cleaning the engine after a SC ceramic failure. you are seeing particles from the oil pumps, they are getting eatin` alive. That`s from the good quality service from your last dealer. Either contact the dealer that did the repair and paper trail it, or contact Shibby for advice...PR...

I KNOW, I was told the same things you were told and had inefficient shop/tech repair ski, then pumps got wasted. Shibby and Formula one got me up and running again.
    It has been known that once these ceramics terrorize our engines they are never the same again. I`m just riding it out as much as I can, and I thank Shibbs and Formula for this summers ride time!!! ...PR...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information